Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Queer-ey for 89Ute

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Trumpy always pitches. HTH

Interestingly, the next day after we poasted about this, I heard an add on the radio for some guy named Larry Meyers running for senate. First thing out of his mouth "Unlike Mitt Romney, as a long time Utah resident, I will be a strong voice supporting President Trump's conservative agenda ..."

Supporting Trump is the winning platform.

Mitt took a gulp, big league.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    89ute said:

Interestingly, the next day after we poasted about this, I heard an add on the radio for some guy named Larry Meyers running for senate. First thing out of his mouth "Unlike Mitt Romney, as a long time Utah resident, I will be a strong voice supporting President Trump's conservative agenda ..."

Sad. Romney would be a good statesman in my opinion.

Our country is so fucking stupid.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

89ute said:

Sad. Romney would be a good statesman in my opinion.

Our country is so fucking stupid.
    In a democracy we plebeians get the gubmint we deserve.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    So you voted for him in 2012?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited February 2018

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

Some trepidation with the life-long affiliation with the crazy, but concluded that, while he's hardly a Jack Mormon (he's served as a Bishop in the LDS),which would be better, he was raised outside of Utah, which tempers the crazy, especially for a guy who's as well educated as he is.

Romney is a less impulsive, smarter, and better looking version of Trump, with way better hair, better education, genuine conservative values and arguably more impressive biz background.

He was a solid candidate all things considered.

Yep. I sure as fuck did.
    I thought he was gonna win too but Race's favorite stats guy, Nate Silver, so no chance.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Yep. I sure as fuck did.
    I thought he was gonna win too but Race's favorite stats guy, Nate Silver, so no chance.
    The very qualities I like about Mitt were why he couldn't overcome his opponent. He didn't appeal enuff to the stupid. Trump/Bannon absolutely nailed it.

I'm not sure Romney could have pulled off Trump anyway. For one, Romney had legitimate standards and would not do Trumo even if he thought it would work. For another, I think the far Christian Right is still suspicious of Joseph Smiff's chidlren.
    As allegedly part of the far Christian right I voted for Romney but not for Trump.

Unfortunately I'm an outlier.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

Some trepidation with the life-long affiliation with the crazy, but concluded that, while he's hardly a Jack Mormon (he's served as a Bishop in the LDS),which would be better, he was raised outside of Utah, which tempers the crazy, especially for a guy who's as well educated as he is.

Romney is a less impulsive, smarter, and better looking version of Trump, with way better hair, better education, genuine conservative values and arguably more impressive biz background.

But he wore Mom jeans. Nothing more lethal to one's popularity than that.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,536 Founders Club

Yep. I sure as fuck did.
    metrics?
    dnc said:

Yep. I sure as fuck did.
    The very qualities I like about Mitt were why he couldn't overcome his opponent. He didn't appeal enuff to the stupid. Trump/Bannon absolutely nailed it.

I'm not sure Romney could have pulled off Trump anyway. For one, Romney had legitimate standards and would not do Trumo even if he thought it would work. For another, I think the far Christian Right is still suspicious of Joseph Smiff's chidlren.
    As allegedly part of the far Christian right I voted for Romney but not for Trump.

You're of the TBS Christian Rite. That's an entirely different animal.

dnc said:

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

TBS Christian Rite >>>>>>>>>>> TBN Christian Right.

Wiff a bullet.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

Wiff a bullet.
    Agree. Fuck TBN. The TV should not be for sermon seekers.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

Wiff a bullet.
    Meh, in the 900 channel cable era where every little niche has its own station I don't necessarily think Christianity has no place on TV, I'd just prefer we? find some who are a lot less fruit loopy.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

Wiff a bullet.
    Meh, in the 900 channel cable era where every little niche has its own station I don't necessarily think Christianity has no place on TV, I'd just prefer we? find some who are a lot less fruit loopy.
    I don't really favor a ban and frankly the more fruit loopy the better when I'm flipping channels. One time I watched an old rerun of Jim Baker interviewing Col. Sanders in the early 80s. Good chit.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter

Yep. I sure as fuck did.

But he wore Mom jeans. Nothing more lethal to one's popularity than that.

Let's not be so hasty in summarily dismissing mom jeans.

They had their time and place.

And Brenda/Shannen Doherty was bat shit crazy with a nice rack, so there's that angle, too.

#teambatshitcrazysex