Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we win out, we've turned a corner

2»

Comments

• This whole what if we win 10 conversation is stupid. Sark has 5 years of data to show he doesn't beat teams like UCLA and Oregon State on the road. I'm sure UW will battle in them but will find a way to lose.

Doogs will blame the refs, Price, some random assistant coach and ignore that Sark is 7-17 on the road heading into this two game stretch. He'll be 7-19 after this.
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393

10-3 (and a top 15-20 finish) would have to be considered a success, and I don't know how any of you could deny that.

If? Perhaps, but he isn't winning the next 3. I still have questions about Mora, but I doubt Mora loses to Sark in Cali -- might be a different matter in Seattle.

I also don't see the other two games as gimmies... our D hasn't proven it can stop a high caliber passing attack, and OSU is always a wild card. Our only hope is if our inconsistent offense can put up points, and that seems to change week to week against teams without losing records.

Sark could easily lose all three, and I'd not be surprised at all.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Your_Mom said:

10-3 (and a top 15-20 finish) would have to be considered a success, and I don't know how any of you could deny that.

If? Perhaps, but he isn't winning the next 3. I still have questions about Mora, but I doubt Mora loses to Sark in Cali -- might be a different matter in Seattle.

I also don't see the other two games as gimmies... our D hasn't proven it can stop a high caliber passing attack, and OSU is always a wild card. Our only hope is if our inconsistent offense can put up points, and that seems to change week to week against teams without losing records.

Sark could easily lose all three, and I'd not be surprised at all.
    yep, our clear lack of pass rush really shows when we go up against a pass first offense
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

loadsock said:

10 wins looks impressive to the outsider who doesn't see that we got absolutely destroyed by the more elite teams in the conference. 9 wins will be an easy feat next year when one actually looks at our schedule.

Nothing can be described as incremental progress until 7 stops getting blown out by Oregon, stops the damn 3-4 game losing streak, and knocks off at least one or 2 of the elite teams in the conference.

Hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

I'm not one to accept moral victories, not at all, but to say we got "absolutely destroyed" is a damn lie. We got blown out in one game (ASU), let another get away from us late (Oregon), and should have beaten the best team in the conference (Stanford).

I know the doom and gloom is your schtick but come on. Am I happy with the season so far? Hell no. Shit I was calling for Sark's head after ASU. But to argue that winning the final 6 to end the season 10-3 isn't improvement is ludicrous.

Now, if we come out and shit the bed next week, that changes everything.
    Stanford is the game that got away because of poor special teams.

Oregon beat us by 3 TDs. It was a blowout. Sort of keeping within 7-14 pts. for three quarters isn't good enough.

The ASU game was another humiliation. Sure 10-3 is better, but it's Karl Dorrell better.

Karl Dorrell Better? Thats awesome Marshall. Love it!
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    10-3 Sark gets a 20 million dollar 5 year extension yes that is exactly what I want. So we can continue to play shitty flag football and never have hopes and admirations for a bowl game that matters ever again.

Oh whoops I forgot that Cyler Miles is QB next year and that the team won't be young anymore.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    WA football needs the equivalent of Operation Valkyrie, but as a successful venture.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I prefer to think of Sark turning a corner like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7HydudX2cg
  • Sark has been "turning the corner" in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 yet the records always seem to mirror each other.

Fuck incremental progress!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Ty had a 10 win season at Notre Dame.

But did he ever have to play a ranked Oregon State?

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

LEAVE
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Doogs will blame the refs, Price, some random assistant coach and ignore that Sark is 7-17....s.

It's Mike Cox's and Jeff Mills' fault that we lost Banner and Garnett, you know? That problem is now fixed and Sark won't let something like that happen again.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Doogs will blame the refs, Price, some random assistant coach and ignore that Sark is 7-17....s.

It's Mike Cox's and Jeff Mills' fault that we lost Banner and Garnett, you know? That problem is now fixed and Sark won't let something like that happen again.
    I never understood how doogs accepted that excuse. How can the head coach not be checking in with his assistant about how recruiting is going with a player like Garnett or Banner? It is the head coach's job to oversee his staff and make sure they are doing their jobs. If I were Woodward, that alone would put his neck on the chopping block, especially when it is compounded with 7-6 records.

• death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Woodward really has been holding his hand pat. He hasn't extended Sark's contract. That tells me at least that he's thinking about firing him. All things considered, I think Woodward takes a much bigger risk giving him a 5 year extension, than he does firing him and going with a new HC. A new HC would have less pressure to win than Sark in year 6.

If you don't agree with me, go fuck yourself.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Gladstone said:

no one is denying 10-3 would be incremental progress

see you in two weeks

I think a win in Pasadena makes the OSU game a lock. A loss in Pasadena makes the OSU game a near certain loss IMO. Big game this week.
    Great analysis. Excellent breakdown. I understand now.