Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I'm officially giving up hope. Sark's not going anywhere.

Listening to post game, reading twitter, talking to friends, reading blogs...I'm fucking convinced our fan base is perfectly happy winning 7 games and going to the Fight Hunger Bowl every fucking year. As long as our coach wins the pressers and stays so "classy", he'd have to absolutely tank...like 4-8...to get the boot. We're too satisfied patting ourselves on the back for beating cellar dwellers to care about being elite. Officially ashamed to be a fan of this university.

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Every season is fucking over as long as Sark is HC. Sucks to be a husky fan.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    I'd like to pretend that my intellect is superior and I am above that. However it seems every year, after an offseason natty and a few promising wins, I find myself dooging like a crack fiend. Knowing full well that by mid October I'll be slithering throught the underbelly of the internet looking for the HB's hangout. Sad situation...and I would just shoot myself now except for the fact that dead people can't get drunk.

So hang in there and look on the bright side.....that "special" season is right around the corner. "We're closing the gap"...and other good horseshit. Odds are a Yellowstone Super Eruption or a giant asteroid are close enough to end our misery anyway.

If not...Husky Women's Softball is only 3 months away....Cheers!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It will take 0-3 with the road games being blowouts to even have a prayer of Sark getting fired.
  • AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Totally disagree. If he loses the next two weeks his seat will be red hot.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

It will take 0-3 with the road games being blowouts to even have a prayer of Sark getting fired.

And unfortunately a loss to the coogs is looking extremely unlikely. Sark wins vs shitty teams at home
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Totally disagree. If he loses the next two weeks his seat will be red hot.

They would have to be 30+ point plunger rapings, and even as shitty as Sark is, I doubt that happens. They will probably be somewhat close games and Sark and Doog Nation will keep saying , "We're close. We are so close! Take out the ASU game, and we were right there in every game until the fourth quarter."

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    How could you want to get rid of Sark now? He was able to dominate a scrappy Buffs squad (only team in the FBS with a stocky, short, white guy returning kicks?). We beat Oregon and UCLA this weekend by virtue of score differential against common opponents (hearing we may not even travel to Pasadena now). We're on house money now bitches. Time to start bowl prepping.

Sark's five year extension papers just hit the shredder and a new lifetime contract is being drafted.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Fuck all of you. It's house money for the rest of the season! It's a Seattle style championship. What could be better? Who wants an orange slice?
  • Only way Sark is fired if he loses out and I really don't see WSU winning the Apple Cup since the game is at Husky Stadium.

I don't know if UCLA or Oregon State is good enough to give Sark a plunger raping(I know neither was ASU but fuck off).

I think this year UW wins their crap bowl game and Doogs will be happy with "progress". Even though going into the year I kept hearing how 7 regular season wins would be unacceptable.

Doogs once again are lower expectations to meet reality instead of demanding reality meets their expectations(Fuck you AuburnDoog for inventing this strategy!).
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    7-6 seasons bring false hope to each new year. That is all doogs need to be satisfied. Basically they swallow sarks juice then hope he calls them two days later.
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    Win out and he is at USC. Rumor has it that SC is building a Joey's lounge next to the football operations.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Be realistic.

Sark isn't going anywhere.

We're going to get beat the next two weeks, but they'll be "win like losses" because UCLA and Oregon St. "were really lucky".

But we'll beat the Cougs and finish 7-5 with a shot for that elusive 8th win in the dirty underwear bowl for another very successful season.

Walmart, the admin and frankly the fans don't care about winning. Big time football is distasteful.

We'd rather lose the right way (whatever the fuck that means) than win the wrong way.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Listening to post game, reading twitter, talking to friends, reading blogs...I'm fucking convinced our fan base is perfectly happy winning 7 games and going to the Fight Hunger Bowl every fucking year. As long as our coach wins the pressers and stays so "classy", he'd have to absolutely tank...like 4-8...to get the boot. We're too satisfied patting ourselves on the back for beating cellar dwellers to care about being elite. Officially ashamed to be a fan of this university.

This
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    Two blowout wins in a ROW and we have a winning record!!!

6-3 baby!!!!! Beat fUCLA!!!!!
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Hoping USC snatches up Sark feels a little like trading in your used car at a dealership and hoping for Crazy Larry to perform the evaluation.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    My added gloom --

My father and uncle are good friends with some very successful UW alumni/donors who are big supporters of Sarkisian through thick and thin. I think there are perhaps three issues at play (some applying more than others depending on the individual):

1) They simply don't follow the program all that closely
    2) They tend to have an inculcated respect for authority
    3) They don't take the program seriously and view UW football as just pure Disney entertainment and something to let them escape for a few hours and remember the good old days

This sucks because there aren't that many good teams in college football this year, and even with SSWS, we could have made some noise. Can you imagine what a truly elite coach would be doing with this group?