Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I need a strategy speed.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018
    Damn doogman ... Recruiting coordinator the title and player personnel in the body of text.

Did we have a player personnel guy just leave or something?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2018
    animate said:

Damn doogman ... Recruiting coordinator the title and player personnel in the body of text.

"Petagna replaces Aaron Knotts, who moves into a Chief of Staff position at UW, who took over for Marshall Malchow after he left to take the same position under Kirby Smart at Georgia following the 2016 season." - Lars
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

animate said:

"Petagna replaces Aaron Knotts, who moves into a Chief of Staff position at UW, who took over for Marshall Malchow after he left to take the same position under Kirby Smart at Georgia following the 2016 season." - Lars
    "Chief of staff" - JFC.

I read somewhere recently that Alabama has something like 100 football staffers who are not on the coaching staff. That includes approximately 30 involved in recruiting efforts, but who technically cannot talk to recruits.

I wonder what Washington's comparable numbers are.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    And I don't really know the difference, but I would guess 'director of player personnel' is more of a talent evaluator while a recruiting coordinator does a lot of organizing/planning/strategizing for the staff.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    You need an army of these people to organize all of this. You think coaches make their own plane reservations to fly all over woo'ing kids? Lots of grunt work goes into keeping the wheels turning at this level.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DDY already accepted the job. You fuckers are late
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,166
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

You need an army of these people to organize all of this. You think coaches make their own plane reservations to fly all over woo'ing kids? Lots of grunt work goes into keeping the wheels turning at this level.

This was essentially my first job out of college. Just handling the logistics of twenty or so executive consultants on a project. It was definitely a very demanding and time consuming job even with all the modern conveniences of the internet. I'm sure there's a ton of support personnel that go along with the "executive" staff of a major football program.

I heard we do things very similar to Georgia which would make sense now knowing that Marshall Malchow was chief of staff for both.