Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Bandes, 4* 2019 DT, Pittsburg (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    More of a Lance Broadus if you ask me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I love this mother fucker. Him and Buelow would go a long way to making me forget about that weak minded pos Kaho and his money grubbing whore of a Dad. @Hopate

I was reading dawgman the other day (I know). They have some posters that follow Hawaii prep football. They actually seem pretty dialed in.

They aren't very high on Buelow. You can't teach size, but right now, he sucks and gave up quite a few sacks in his first game.

I think Zach Banner would have been really good at UW, but I thought the same when he was in high school. He sucked. Not sure what my point is, but I'm not as excited for Buelow anymore.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I love Bandes for a lot of reasons but chief amongst them is that he's so quick and athletic despite carrying around that donut on his midsection. This is the kind of kid who can absolutely explode once he gets into the rhino cum.

His ceiling is sky high.

I don't put too much stock into the Summer circuit, but he dominated top competition. He's gonna be good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

I love this mother fucker. Him and Buelow would go a long way to making me forget about that weak minded pos Kaho and his money grubbing whore of a Dad. @Hopate

I was reading dawgman the other day (I know). They have some posters that follow Hawaii prep football. They actually seem pretty dialed in.

They aren't very high on Buelow. You can't teach size, but right now, he sucks and gave up quite a few sacks in his first game.

I think Zach Banner would have been really good at UW, but I thought the same when he was in high school. He sucked. Not sure what my point is, but I'm not as excited for Buelow anymore.
    He's a bit of a project but he should have time to develop with Kirkland and Mele and Banivalu around. I like him.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Steve Empterman!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Honestly, our DL kept us in the bamer game. So glad we recruiting at this level. These big boys worth their weight in gold when they good
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I love Bandes for a lot of reasons but chief amongst them is that he's so quick and athletic despite carrying around that donut on his midsection. This is the kind of kid who can absolutely explode once he gets into the rhino cum.

His ceiling is sky high.

What to Like: Bandes has a rare combination of size, power and quickness. In terms of his playing style, we have compared him to former UCLA and current Oakland Raider Eddie Vanderdoes on multiple occasions. Bandes has a similar ‘get off’ and is so powerful that he’s able to jar an opposing guard or center with his initial punch and then flashes the quickest to get up the field. He’s a high motor player and plays with extreme effort. He’s a self motivated athlete and someone you won’t have to worry about playing with the right amount of intensity and fire. He always competes at a high level and with his raw talent and upside, he’s a player we think can step in and compete for playing time as a true freshman. He’s a potential three-down lineman who projects as both a run stuffer but someone who can bring a pass rush to the table as well. He’s strong enough to take on a double team and with his hands and overall quickness, he should also be able to bring a consistent pass rush, which is always tough to find in a young interior lineman.

Areas to improve: We would love to see Bandes lean out a little and improve his overall athleticism. He has exceptional quickness already and we can only imagine how he would look playing at closer to 290 then 300+. A college strength and conditioning program will be huge for him and take his game to another level. He has tremendous raw power and if he does drop some bad weight and replace it with muscle, he has a chance to be very special.

Overall Analysis: Landing Bandes was big for the Huskies. There’s no tougher position to fill out West then defensive tackle/nose guard. For whatever reason, the West just doesn’t produce a ton of big, strong, talented interior defensive linemen like other parts in the country. Bandes is a player with the talent to play for any school in America. He’s gifted physically and has the toughness, attitude and desire to match. He’s not someone who looks like he has already peaked, his game can improve and will once he reshapes his body and adds strength and more burst. He was a national recruit and the Huskies had to fight off not just the hometown favorite in Cal but Clemson, one of the nation’s top programs in developing defensive lineman. It will be fun to watch Bandes’ development and he’s a player we think has the ability to play for as long as he wants to.

But would you want your daughter to date him?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2018

dnc said:

His ceiling is sky high.

What to Like: Bandes has a rare combination of size, power and quickness. In terms of his playing style, we have compared him to former UCLA and current Oakland Raider Eddie Vanderdoes on multiple occasions
    Vanderdoes is 6'4, this is a shit comparison.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

His ceiling is sky high.

What to Like: Bandes has a rare combination of size, power and quickness. In terms of his playing style, we have compared him to former UCLA and current Oakland Raider Eddie Vanderdoes on multiple occasions. Bandes has a similar ‘get off’ and is so powerful that he’s able to jar an opposing guard or center with his initial punch and then flashes the quickest to get up the field. He’s a high motor player and plays with extreme effort. He’s a self motivated athlete and someone you won’t have to worry about playing with the right amount of intensity and fire. He always competes at a high level and with his raw talent and upside, he’s a player we think can step in and compete for playing time as a true freshman. He’s a potential three-down lineman who projects as both a run stuffer but someone who can bring a pass rush to the table as well. He’s strong enough to take on a double team and with his hands and overall quickness, he should also be able to bring a consistent pass rush, which is always tough to find in a young interior lineman.

Areas to improve: We would love to see Bandes lean out a little and improve his overall athleticism. He has exceptional quickness already and we can only imagine how he would look playing at closer to 290 then 300+. A college strength and conditioning program will be huge for him and take his game to another level. He has tremendous raw power and if he does drop some bad weight and replace it with muscle, he has a chance to be very special.

Overall Analysis: Landing Bandes was big for the Huskies. There’s no tougher position to fill out West then defensive tackle/nose guard. For whatever reason, the West just doesn’t produce a ton of big, strong, talented interior defensive linemen like other parts in the country. Bandes is a player with the talent to play for any school in America. He’s gifted physically and has the toughness, attitude and desire to match. He’s not someone who looks like he has already peaked, his game can improve and will once he reshapes his body and adds strength and more burst. He was a national recruit and the Huskies had to fight off not just the hometown favorite in Cal but Clemson, one of the nation’s top programs in developing defensive lineman. It will be fun to watch Bandes’ development and he’s a player we think has the ability to play for as long as he wants to.

Biggins?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    dnc said:

dnc said:

His ceiling is sky high.

Biggins?

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Buelow has very high potential.

Yeah, he needs time and development ... but the potential is there fo sho and he can be a real difference maker.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Big fan of Bandes, he has that short area quickness you want in a white guy who isn't exactly Nick Fairley, and overall he's just a physical ass kicker who can play any position in a 3-4.

FYFMFE

yah, just watch his videos and see how much it looks like he can improve with physical maturity and development. It's tantalizing.

He's got that short area quickness, coordination, athleticism and technique (hand fighting etc) ... I mean, look at the Opening finals vid where he gets around the O-lineman and then gets a push from the back and he does a coordinated somersault/ninja roll ... that's awesome for a guy who's 6'2ish and almost 300lbs ...

Give him a few years in Petersen's system ... and it will be ongoing circlejerking at HH every saturday afternoon ...