Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Bandes, 4* 2019 DT, Pittsburg (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited August 2018

Swaye said:

I love this mother fucker. Him and Buelow would go a long way to making me forget about that weak minded pos Kaho and his money grubbing whore of a Dad. @Hopate

I was reading dawgman the other day (I know). They have some posters that follow Hawaii prep football. They actually seem pretty dialed in.

They aren't very high on Buelow. You can't teach size, but right now, he sucks and gave up quite a few sacks in his first game.

I think Zach Banner would have been really good at UW, but I thought the same when he was in high school. He sucked. Not sure what my point is, but I'm not as excited for Buelow anymore.
    I think he's in a similar ballpark with Kalepo, but has more LT potential. Still going to need time to figure it out. Get him and Vimahi and we're looking great with plenty of versatility with where these guys could end up.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Domicillo said:

What’s not be said enough either is that he’s gonna be an early enrollee. Gets a full offseason with S/C, then line him up with Levi, Tuli, Taki and co.....

And in case you lack the ability to paint that picture of our DL future in your head, here’s some video from the opening to salute to
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HicLK08WhuY
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

I love Bandes for a lot of reasons but chief amongst them is that he's so quick and athletic despite carrying around that donut on his midsection. This is the kind of kid who can absolutely explode once he gets into the rhino cum.

His ceiling is sky high.

What to Like: Bandes has a rare combination of size, power and quickness. In terms of his playing style, we have compared him to former UCLA and current Oakland Raider Eddie Vanderdoes on multiple occasions
    Vanderdoes is 6'4, this is a shit comparison.
    In defense of Biggins, how many recent west coast good white DT's are there to choose from?
    Is he a W(white)DT?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

I love Bandes for a lot of reasons but chief amongst them is that he's so quick and athletic despite carrying around that donut on his midsection. This is the kind of kid who can absolutely explode once he gets into the rhino cum.

His ceiling is sky high.

What to Like: Bandes has a rare combination of size, power and quickness. In terms of his playing style, we have compared him to former UCLA and current Oakland Raider Eddie Vanderdoes on multiple occasions
    Vanderdoes is 6'4, this is a shit comparison.
    In defense of Biggins, how many recent west coast good white DT's are there to choose from?
    Is he a W(white)DT?
    He reminds me of Joe Nash and JJ Watt
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Woof said:

dnc said:

I can think of one.

I love Greg!!!!
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Favorite thing about Bandes? It’s 2018 and he spats his shoes as a nose tackle. Reminds me of someone from “the wheat fields of Eastern Washington...” Love a good white tape spat.
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

What’s not be said enough either is that he’s gonna be an early enrollee. Gets a full offseason with S/C, then line him up with Levi, Tuli, Taki and co.....

And in case you lack the ability to paint that picture of our DL future in your head, here’s some video from the opening to salute to
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HicLK08WhuY
    that first step is special, he naturally play low.
    edited September 2018
    yo is Pittsburg (HS) in the hood? read somewhere that area gotten pretty bad lately. If yes, i love this commitment even more. we need ppl more ppl with an edge
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

yo is Pittsburg (HS) in the hood? read somewhere that area gotten pretty bad lately. If yes, i love this commitment even more. we need ppl more ppl with an edge

Yes
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

This has been covered butt yes

I wonder if he'll be hanging out with all the bruthas at Greenlake Park?
    He got the basketball skills