Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think these rankings are actually really telling. UW at 23. That seems about how recruits see UW. It’s why having a strategy that correlates to a branding of your team is so important. Curious to see, like DDY/Coke/Teq alluded to in the podcast, how this changes for the perceptions held by some in-state kids. Also, really like Coker’s idea of bringing in all the in state kids UW really likes for an underclassmen day in the next couple of weeks. I think Jimmy Lake could also do some things on social media to highlight the home grown theme as well.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    This is interesting, but without a rigorous random sampling methodology the results are highly suspect.
    AIRWOLF said:

This is interesting, but without a rigorous random sampling methodology the results are highly suspect.

Without question, but I think it brings to light how well teams are doing in getting their message across to recruits on a small scale that probably is not drastically different then what the reality is.
    tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

Without question, but I think it brings to light how well teams are doing in getting their message across to recruits on a small scale that probably is not drastically different then what the reality is.
    I don't think there is any way to know that. And there is reason to be suspicious that it simply isn't very accurate (see the rankings of Alabama and Texas, for instance).
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited February 2018

Flagged for Oregon over USC.

No fucking way.

tied but whatever.

I read the article that went with this. They asked 224 D-1 recroots what schools they would consider going to if they were the Number One recruit in the land.

However, a middle-aged man probably has a different, more favorable perception of a once-gloried program than a young teenager who never witnessed a winning season.
    AIRWOLF said:

tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

I don't think there is any way to know that. And there is reason to be suspicious that it simply isn't very accurate (see the rankings of Alabama and Texas, for instance).
    Perhaps that’s fair, but I personally believe this article is on to something. I think this is data that could be useful in trying to gauge how well the brand of your program is reaching recruits. It may not be the only data point you use, but I think it’s useful nonetheless.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    224 no name recruits? I could do a better survey in a day without ever leaving maltby.
  • AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

Flagged for Oregon over USC.

No fucking way.

tied but whatever.

I read the article that went with this. They asked 224 D-1 recroots what schools they would consider going to if they were the Number One recruit in the land.

However, a middle-aged man probably has a different, more favorable perception of a once-gloried program than a young teenager who never witnessed a winning season.
    whoosh
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,715
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Dardanus needs to put this in a better graph

As for Bama at 19 the Bear retired in 1982 and Saban was hired in 2007. One natty and more than one losing season in between. Saban's first team lost to La Tech.

Saban is the Bama brand. When he goes there is no guarantee they are still Bama

USC is similar. Neither one generally lacks for talent but can put up some bad seasons.

Besides this is about 18 year olds. Clemson has been cool for the last several years. That's all that counts
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    Kids like having their dicks touched but I didn't know how much.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

Clickbait.

Looks like it worked. #Winning
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    37 ?

Cal is still WAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOO HIGH.
    tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

tvoie said:

AIRWOLF said:

Perhaps that’s fair, but I personally believe this article is on to something. I think this is data that could be useful in trying to gauge how well the brand of your program is reaching recruits. It may not be the only data point you use, but I think it’s useful nonetheless.
    It is a very interesting idea, but an interesting idea that relies on garbage data is still garbage.