Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon favored by 6 over UW

Break free AZ, there's a wealth of knowledge right at your fingertips

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2018
    This might be Oregon's worst team in the Altman era. I think Oregon still gets love from Vegas due to recency. This game realistically should be a pick'em.

Next year however, adding Louis King and Bol Bol to a nearly all returning roster will make Oregon a monster.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

-7.5 now

That's crazy, which makes me wonder if Oregon is indeed the good bet. Usually when lines are too good to be true, they generally are. Maybe Vegas knows something that most of us don't.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

-7.5 now

That's crazy, which makes me wonder if Oregon is indeed the good bet. Usually when lines are too good to be true, they generally are. Maybe Vegas knows something that most of us don't.
    They know that UW, like most teams, isn't the same team on the road.

That's all. I wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole myself but that's why the line is what it is.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can see a rival trap game. We're having way more success and are coming off a high. They just got spanked and if they ever had a reason to come at us it's now.

Still -7.5 seems excessive.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I can see a rival trap game. We're having way more success and are coming off a high. They just got spanked and if they ever had a reason to come at us it's now.

Is Dickerson back from the east coast in time for this game? I like the line but don’t want to bet till I know for sure he is playing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Doogles said:

Is Dickerson back from the east coast in time for this game? I like the line but don’t want to bet till I know for sure he is playing.
    What was he doing on the east coast?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

Grandpa's funeral.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Grandpa's funeral.
    danka

sucks
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Grandpa's funeral.
    Doogles said:

dnc said:

Doogles said:

Grandpa's funeral.
    He has a Instagram post an hour ago that indicate he’s playing today.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This might be Oregon's worst team in the Altman era. I think Oregon still gets love from Vegas due to recency. This game realistically should be a pick'em.

Next year however, adding Louis King and Bol Bol to a nearly all returning roster will make Oregon a monster.

Why is that? Seems like Altman has been able to sustain pretty elite teams since he has been here
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Im excited for this game. Dawgs will probably get rolled because of that.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had to put 100 on the spread at +8 and 50 on the money line at +300.

Clearly we're going to get crushed because somebody knows something I don't, but now I have a reason to go to a sports bar.
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Looks like UW matches up pretty well with Oregon, at least looking at rosters and stats. Any thoughts about what matchups to watch? The Huskies are playing great defense. If they can keep Oregon's shooters from getting open 3's, why not a W?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Shenexon said:

Looks like UW matches up pretty well with Oregon, at least looking at rosters and stats. Any thoughts about what matchups to watch? The Huskies are playing great defense. If they can keep Oregon's shooters from getting open 3's, why not a W?

Pavlovian Dog negative conditioning makes it hard to truly doog just yet I think.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It's weird to be super fucking excited for a bball game. Let's go :)

Why is that? Seems like Altman has been able to sustain pretty elite teams since he has been here
    He lost 4 players from his starting five, and two key bench players transfered. Even teams like Kentucky and North Carolina have had a serious down year every 5-6 years. Also, no matter how much duck fans like to think, they aren’t a duke, unc, Kansas, or Kentucky. Oregon isn’t signing 4 5 stars each class. We got two this next year which equals the number we had 10 years before combined
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I had to put 100 on the spread at +8 and 50 on the money line at +300.

Clearly we're going to get crushed because somebody knows something I don't, but now I have a reason to go to a sports bar.

Next time just give it to Derek or to the blow dealer or the Gorst stripper after hours.