Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Laiatu Latu, 4* 2019 BUCK, Carmichael (Jesuit), CA (Committed)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Also, unofficial in Sept + Official in December >>>> Official in September.

Getting him on campus twice (if it happens) would be significant.
  • NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Late officials are always a plus
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Official the weekend of the 28th for the BYU game.

From top 8 to top 5.

He has decided not to visit on the 28th for the BYU game....

Instead he has changed his visit to December 15th which is one of our big recruiting weekends where we will bring in our commits and top targets all at once.

I don't expect him to want us, because we can't have nice things on the edge. But this is still a substantial development.
    Spoonfeed me, why substantial?
    In addition to what Neighbor said, I'll give some input.

Getting a kid to visit in September-November is good, but it gives months to cool off from the visit. Meanwhile the kid will be visiting other schools who get the whole "last chance to impress".

Pete wants to get kids in as late as possible for obvious reasons. December 7th and December 15th will be the two big official visit weekends. December 19th is early signing day, so these two weekends get UW the last chance to impress.

Aside from the timeline, it's also the way UW splits it up. The current commits will get split between the two weekends for their officials. Then the top targets will get split up as well based on positions and who UW thinks will get along best.

The entire environment is set up to have a top target surrounded by commits who love UW and can work on them, as well as get top targets who are leans sitting with each other thinking how cool it would be to all commit together.

Last year it got Kaho (RIP), Gordon, Taki, ZTF, and Tafisi.

The 2nd big one is to get whoever didn't commit to kick it with commits at the Poly Bowel and get them to sign at the regular signing day in February.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2018
    Sounds like a positive development getting his last visit. He already officially visited USC as well. We are going to have to wait fucking forever for the majority of the rest of our commits this class. Gonna be a bunch of people freaking the fuck out about our recruiting in October and November and then there will be an explosion of commits in December and January that will have every bodies balls empty and minds blown.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Yup, is Kwat gonna get double fucked for both Latu and Trice? Stay tuned to find out.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter

He's a Buck, why the fuck is Gregory getting involved? If him and Kawasaki are the primary recruiters we have no chance.

But when Oregon croots a beautiful 17 year old colored boy with their entire staff, they're a bunch of faggots.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dtd said:

He's a Buck, why the fuck is Gregory getting involved? If him and Kawasaki are the primary recruiters we have no chance.

But when Oregon croots a beautiful 17 year old colored boy with their entire staff, they're a bunch of faggots.
    What the fuck are you talking about?
  • purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    guntlove said:

This buck recruiting shit is really depressing. Maybe Lake just needs more tim recruiting the position... but something needs to change here pretty fucking quick. Striking out at a position this important for two straight years is gonna fuck us down the road. LIPO, I guess... but still, fuck.

Are you new here?

BUCK recruiting has been an abject failure and a travesty ever since the fucking worthless duo of Gregory and Kawasaki arrived. I thought with Lake taking on a more prominent role with the coordinator duties and recruiting things would pick up and we might actually be able to land an edge rusher that wasn't a plan C. Unfortunately things look just as fucking pathetic and shitty as they did in all the other classes prior.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

This buck recruiting shit is really depressing. Maybe Lake just needs more tim recruiting the position... but something needs to change here pretty fucking quick. Striking out at a position this important for two straight years is gonna fuck us down the road. LIPO, I guess... but still, fuck.

Are you new here?

BUCK recruiting has been an abject failure and a travesty ever since the fucking worthless duo of Gregory and Kawasaki arrived. I thought with Lake taking on a more prominent role with the coordinator duties and recruiting things would pick up and we might actually be able to land an edge rusher that wasn't a plan C. Unfortunately things look just as fucking pathetic and shitty as they did in all the other classes prior.
    so are you saying we need to fire kawasaki?
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guntlove said:

Are you new here?

*gnu

I didn't include 2017 because we got Tyron and he looks like he might be a gamer. But yeah, it's been a fuckshow for a while.
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

huh?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Are you new here?

*gnu

I didn't include 2017 because we got Tyron and he looks like he might be a gamer. But yeah, it's been a fuckshow for a while.
    We beat our wazzu for him though. It's not like they get kudos for that. We just lucked out that he was from Seattle and sucked his jr year of high school.
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

Take a wild guess oh yea, I was really drunk.