Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So seriously...

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
...some of you hoops guys tell us what it takes to go dancing. @Spirithorse has already called it, so I know it's happening, but how many do we need to win to be in for sure? Any losses that would really kill us?

Comments

• phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Avoid getting curb stomped by Stanford and crushing the teams confidence and they're in
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Good chit doogboat
  • RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Beat Oregon State x2, and Cal in the min. req. personally I think this team goes 24-8.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Beat Oregon State x2, and Cal in the min. req. personally I think this team goes 24-8.

That gets us a decent seed in the NIT.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

We have Oregon State twice and cal once.

Win those 3 plus 2 of Stan, Oregonx2, col, Utah and that's probably the minimum allowed.

We're not searching for a big win as much as we're trying to avoid a bad loss. Even at 12 conference wins we would probably need to win 1 tourney game to feel safe.

Oregon is inconsistent as fuck. They just lost to Stanford by like 40. We should be able to at least split with them
    dnc said:

With wins over Zona, Kansas and SC? Lol.
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

dnc said:

That's my thought, too. UW just has to finish better than .500 and they should be dancing. You have 8 games left, with four at home. Oregon is the only team with a comparable record, so it seems likely you'll finish well. Finish real well and a decent seed seems likely. The team is rolling if the coaches can keep them centered and healthy. The wins over Arizona, Arizona State, USC, and Kansas will be important wins on the resume. Just keep winning & the debate goes away.

dnc said:

Our profile is not strong enough to be able to finish 3-6 and get in you stupid fuck
    phineas said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Our profile is not strong enough to be able to finish 3-6 and get in you stupid fuck
    Youve got a lot of hate in your life.
    I hate stupidity and have been cursed to live in this dumbass generation.

YRYK
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Diaff you dumb piece of shit. The poont is mute though because we should win every game left on the schedule but I think we go 7-2.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

With last night's win. First of all, we can't go 3-6. But if we win 3 more, we'll be 10-8 in conference. That and 1 win in conference tourney, would be good enough resume to get in. Probably play in game, but we'd be in.

dnc said:

dnc said:

Diaff you dumb piece of shit. The poont is mute though because we should win every game left on the schedule but I think we go 7-2.
    Anything less than 6 more wins and we're on the bubble. Anything less than 5 more wins and we're probably out.

3 wins and we aren't even a bubble team.
    edited February 2018
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

With last night's win. First of all, we can't go 3-6. But if we win 3 more, we'll be 10-8 in conference. That and 1 win in conference tourney, would be good enough resume to get in. Probably play in game, but we'd be in.
    That and 1 win in the conference tourney is 4 more wins.

That might get us in though I'd be very nervous.

3-6 means 3-5 the rest of the way and a first round loss in the p12 tourney.

Maff is not hard.

3 more wins does not get us in.
    Monday morning this conference will have one ranked team. At absolute most the Pac will end with 3, and if it does that means we're one of them and did not finish 10-8. If the conference only has 1 or 2 ranked teams 10-8 with a first round loss is not getting it done doogs.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    At this point it is all about avoiding the bad loss ...

All the home games are winnable ...

Can’t lose to the Beavs or Cal on the road ... split with Oregon/Stanford on the road gets the job done pretty easily.

dnc said:

Monday morning this conference will have one ranked team. At absolute most the Pac will end with 3, and if it does that means we're one of them and did not finish 10-8. If the conference only has 1 or 2 ranked teams 10-8 with a first round loss is not getting it done doogs.

BTP must have been a zygote when UW missed the tourney as P12 champs. 6-3 minimum.
    I wanted to kill Romar and the committee that year. I'm not worried I think we should win every remaining game. We will probably go 6-2 or 5-3.
  • ShenexonShenexon Member Posts: 63
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

dnc said:

BTP must have been a zygote when UW missed the tourney as P12 champs. 6-3 minimum.
    I wanted to kill Romar and the committee that year. I'm not worried I think we should win every remaining game. We will probably go 6-2 or 5-3.
    I don't know how well UW matches up with any of their remaining opponents, but UW's record is better than most and they should be competitive with every team they'll face over the rest of the season. It should be fun to see if the team & coaches continue to execute, especially in the clutch. Green's shot last nite was a huge play and he pulled it off in the nick of time. A highlight reel highlight from a superb game...