Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to the Bored

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    Back when I was working at the ski resort post college they used to have these summer concerts with some pretty big name acts. However, one of the primary challenge with doing summer concerts in the mountains of Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, etc, are the thunderstorms which can get biblical.

Had co-worker who was attending one of these shows when a particularity bad storm rolled through and many of the concert goers sought shelter in the lodge. At any rate, my co-worker spots none other than Bill Murray in the lodge and goes up to him and asks "So, when do you think the heavy stuff is gonna start coming down?" Bill with a straight face replies, "I don't think the heavy stuff's going come for quite a while".

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024
    One day in the summer of 1995 I was working standby with the shooting company up at the Lake Arrowhead golf course where the Space Jam production crew was doing scenes with Jordan, Larry Bird, Wayne Knight, and Bill Murray. Poor Larry cannot act to save his life. Painful to watch him deliver wooden stilted lines. Meanwhile, old pro Murray is doing his thing like he's born to do it, riffing Caddyshacklike through and between takes. When the company broke for lunch he hopped into his golf cart with a smug "Yeah, nailed it" look on his face, and as he was being driven by I extended my hand for a high-five, which he gave. The man has some soft, supple hands; he takes good care of them.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961 Founders Club
    So Bird was nothing special?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    Sources said:

So Bird was nothing special?

ISAFNRC

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    BearsWiin said:

One day in the summer of 1995 I was working standby with the shooting company up at the Lake Arrowhead golf course where the Space Jam production crew was doing scenes with Jordan, Larry Bird, Wayne Knight, and Bill Murray. Poor Larry cannot act to save his life. Painful to watch him deliver wooden stilted lines. Meanwhile, old pro Murray is doing his thing like he's born to do it, riffing Caddyshacklike through and between takes. When the company broke for lunch he hopped into his golf cart with a smug "Yeah, nailed it" look on his face, and as he was being driven by I extended my hand for a high-five, which he gave. The man has some soft, supple hands; he takes good care of them.

Did Murray's hands smell of cabbage?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

You got a high five.

Bill gave me total consciousness. Which is nice.