Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HRYK

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited January 2018

Doogles said:

I love Lavar because he is Trump, but he's wrong here.

That being said coaching in the NBA less important than the NFL. The Zen master didn't just forget how to coach in New York right?

I don't love this argument. The Browns would still suck if Belichick took over.
    People forget that Bill Belichick was the last Cleveland Browns coach to win a playoff game.
    His record in Cleveland was 36-44.
    That's great success in Cleveland, especially considering the team tanked when Modell announced he was moving the team:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleveland_Browns_season

EDIT: PAT HILL FUCKING TUFF was one of his assistants. I did not know that.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2018

Doogles said:

That being said coaching in the NBA less important than the NFL. The Zen master didn't just forget how to coach in New York right?

People forget that Bill Belichick was the last Cleveland Browns coach to win a playoff game.
    That's great success in Cleveland, especially considering the team tanked when Modell announced he was moving the team:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Cleveland_Browns_season

EDIT: PAT HILL FUCKING TUFF was one of his assistants. I did not know that.
    9 wins was a great success for Sark, especially considering the team went 0-12 in Ty's last year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Washington_Huskies_football_team
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    Coaches get credit for what they accomplish. Kerr took a team that was a mid level playoff team and won a championship. All of this happened since Kerr took over. Not many were predicting a championship in his first year. They have been the favorite every year since. I think he’s a smart guy and a good coach.

Everyone besides the players hated Mark Jackson. He was being a lunatic.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Which that alone should get him in the HOF, given their record after He left.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Still the dumbest argument in any sports is validating whether recruits were recruited by a different coach, or a coach only won b/c of certain players. We've seen plenty of coaches fail with great players or great recruiting classes die on the vine thanks to fantastic development. Phil jackson isn't lucky he got to play with kobe/shaq, just as much as he wasn't lucky to win with jordan. Others had chances and didn't win rings. There is something to managing elite athletes and their egos'. Some guys get it.

Ball is all about ball, which is why he will be the cashmeoutside of the nba. I hope the lakers are dumb enough to shitcan walton and he is the revamped coach for the Seattle supersonics in 2020
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Still the dumbest argument in any sports is validating whether recruits were recruited by a different coach, or a coach only won b/c of certain players. We've seen plenty of coaches fail with great players or great recruiting classes die on the vine thanks to fantastic development. Phil jackson isn't lucky he got to play with kobe/shaq, just as much as he wasn't lucky to win with jordan. Others had chances and didn't win rings. There is something to managing elite athletes and their egos'. Some guys get it.

Ball is all about ball, which is why he will be the cashmeoutside of the nba. I hope the lakers are dumb enough to shitcan walton and he is the revamped coach for the Seattle supersonics in 2020

Disagree. He had Jordan/pippen in their prime and Kobe/Shaq in their prime.

He's a good coach, but in 5 player game that is lucky as shit to have 40% of your starting lineup be top 30 guys(remove pippen it's top15,arguably top 10)
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Disagree. He had Jordan/pippen in their prime and Kobe/Shaq in their prime.

He's a good coach, but in 5 player game that is lucky as shit to have 40% of your starting lineup be top 30 guys(remove pippen it's top15,arguably top 10)
    Jackson was a master putting together ego's and personalities to form a team. Where he has struggled is being the GM, like the other 99% of coaches who think they can be a GM. They are different roles, and much different worlds of skill.

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

You know they don't like each other, yeah?
    Tommy still triggered
    Your write. Of course they are best pals.

Silly of me to get that wrong.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Tommy still triggered

Missed the point

Again
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doogles said:

Tommy still triggered

Missed the point

Again
    You miss all the shots you don't take.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Tommy still triggered

Missed the point

Again
    You only hurt the one you love
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

Tommy still triggered

Missed the point

Again
    You only hurt the one you love
    When you come to fork in the road... you take it.