Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Woman doing color on Suns/Nuggets broadcast

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
Awesome....

and this nonsense will only get worse

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,252 Founders Club
    I once wrote an article for Bleacher Report that they took down off the site because it was too offensive, where I said that nobody wants to hear women broadcasting football. It's not sexist, it just doesn't work. The example I gave was that people watching figure skating wouldn't want Hulk Hogan doing commentary-- it just wouldn't work.

And I agree, this nonsense will only get worse because nobody has the courage to stand up and say "enough".
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Paging puppylove-sugarsteel....
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Was it Doris Burke? She is actually good.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club

Was it Doris Burke? She is actually good.

No, it wasn't. It was some chick with a hyphenated last name (shocker). Her voice was alright, but like Derek said, it just doesn't work. I'd actually prefer a woman to do play-by-play...I remember some woman doing it for the Seahawks-Chiefs game back in the 80s...

I've made a couple of comments about Doris Doright doing color on FB, but I'm afraid even to do that anymore because you never know who's reading, who will take offense etc.