Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jon Wilner loves the try hard whites

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
edited January 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
Projects 6 x 1st Team All Pac 12, with Tevis and BBK both getting 2nd Team

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    edited January 2018
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,715 Founders Club
    BallzDeep said:

Wilner has Bartlett, BBK, and Bryant all on the first and second teams. I'm hoping all of those guys get beat out by more talented players.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    BallzDeep said:

Wilner has Bartlett, BBK, and Bryant all on the first and second teams. I'm hoping all of those guys get beat out by more talented players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s
    edited January 2018
    Here's the deal: Wilner, like him or not is probably the dean of Pac 12 beat writers presently. And I got to admit I made a little yellow water in my sweat pants laffing my arse off seeing Tevis, BBK and Myles Bryant making his way too early list for 2018 All Conference Players. These guys are all serviceable Pac 12 players, but have their weaknesses and don't seem like All Pac 12 kind of dudes.

At any rate, glad to see us lock up the Off-Season Natty so early. This might be a new world record. We are the champions my friends!!

@TierbsHsotBoobs this pic is for you!

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Here's the deal: Wilner, like him or not is probably the dean of Pac 12 beat writers presently. And I got to admit I made a little yellow water in my sweat pants laffing my arse off seeing Tevis, BBK and Myles Bryant making his way too early list for 2018 All Conference Players. These guys are all serviceable Pac 12 players, but have their weaknesses and don't seem like All Pac 12 kind of dudes.

At any rate, glad to see us lock up the Off-Season Natty so early. This might be a new world record. We are the champions my friends!!

@TierbsHsotBoobs this pic is for you!

Yellow, Bryant is one of the best DB's vs run and screen support ive seen at UW in many years. BBK is a shoe-in 2nd teamer. He has limitations, but not as an in-line backer. Petersen rarely took him off the field for a reason
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    There are a lot of short nickels and db's. Budda baker just made all pro and played a lot of nickel here.As you know our starting corners are 6-1...Nobody said he was a shutdown corner, which is why he isnt at that position. His value in run and screen support far outweighs His liabilities in pass coverage verse tall receivers ...Especially since he didn't cost us a scholarship for 2 years

There are a lot of short nickels and db's. Budda baker just made all pro and played a lot of nickel here.As you know our starting corners are 6-1...Nobody said he was a shutdown corner, which is why he isnt at that position. His value in run and screen support far outweighs His liabilities in pass coverage verse tall receivers ...Especially since he didn't cost us a scholarship for 2 years

Fair enough, Pup. Hopefully, in 2018 we can avoid putting him in situations where he got abused like the ASU and Stanford games.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    We are fucked if BBK and Tevis are taking meaningful snaps next year.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

We are fucked if BBK and Tevis are taking meaningful snaps next year.

Tevis? Tevis is good. But he should be at Mik.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

a) He did cost us a scholarship this year
    b) Budda is everything Myles tries to be but is physically incapable of achieving. Think Montana State's version.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    Gaines too low!