Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Too soon?

2»

Comments

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254

Chip already won that game against a better Stanford team. His team doesn't fold like that.

You mean like last year at Autzen?
    I get where your coming from and I agree tht Stanford physically dominated the game. But Oregon came out flat and played flat the whole game. Since 2010 the Ducks only got stomped once and that was against an LSU team that went undefeated in the regular season. Stanford is not a team that should stomp Oregon. They lost to Utah, and escaped with a W against UW dreck. Helfrich had no answers which is inexplicable with the players on his team.
    Allowalotti's defense is designed to stop the pass because Oregon usually has the lead. If you shove your two inches of thunder right down their throats with power rushing, they can't handle it. Just look at what Sankey did even with UW's mediocre OL. If only the Huskies had a REAL power running game...
    IF Sark thought OL mattered and IF we had a power running game we would have still lost because Sark is too smart to stick with what works.

He would have gone to the pass to make sure we were balanced.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

I'm hearing that if a few plays for Oregon had gone the other way Oregon would have won rather easily, say 35-17

So this is what virtual 12-0 feels like?

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Quooks and Doogs are more similar than either fan base wants to ever admit.

Which was the point of an early thread I started that Sven didn't understand.
    Believe me, I understood the point completely.
    Your actions told otherwise. You didn't. At all.
  • Even if UW had a power running game with a kick ass OL I still don't see UW doing to a team what Stanford did.

Sark would give up on the run and go to passing three straight times then punt. How many games have we seen UW have a great drive focusing on the run then you think Sark has figured it out. Only for him to have a three and out back to back where Sankey doesn't touch the ball.