Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Julius Buelow, 2019 4* OL, Kapolei (Kapolei), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Soderberg is for sure gone.

Praise Allah
    I need to get me second prayer in brb jo
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If what Roof says is true and that there's a secret visitor who is planning to commit on 9/30, I'm pretty confident that it's Buelow. Of the most likely recruits, he is the only one with a bye that week.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If what Roof says is true and that there's a secret visitor who is planning to commit on 9/30, I'm pretty confident that it's Buelow. Of the most likely recruits, he is the only one with a bye that week.

NLS
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

"Things change"—a reporter's salvation
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baseman said:

"Things change"—a reporter's salvation
    Nothing’s changed with me!
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

New Buelow Film: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7798404/5baae4b266558b12ccddee81

Guys that big should not move like that. Holy fucking Christ this kid is good. He's a prototypical LT.

And - of course he's the guy coming vs. BYU; he's going to go watch Kalepo's game then 'officially' commit with all his family and shit there. Buelow is 6-8, 320. Kalepo is 6-7, 330.

Just process that.

Tray and Kaleb part deux. Hopefully. I just hope we can duct-tape some scrubs together to form a passable O-line in the interim.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,105
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Guys that big should not move like that. Holy fucking Christ this kid is good. He's a prototypical LT.

And - of course he's the guy coming vs. BYU; he's going to go watch Kalepo's game then 'officially' commit with all his family and shit there. Buelow is 6-8, 320. Kalepo is 6-7, 330.

Just process that.

Tray and Kaleb part deux. Hopefully. I just hope we can duct-tape some scrubs together to form a passable O-line in the interim.
    Next year, everyone is back save for Kaleb.

LT: Hilbers/Roberts
    LG: Watty
    C: Harris
    RG: Bain?
    RT: Kirkland
    Does that assume Trey goes pro/medical retire?
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Just process that.

Your eyes are as good as mine

Just process that.

I've heard Trey is not thinking about coming back... but who knows? I suspect his draft eval will have a lot of say in it. If Trey comes back next year, we will be great.

Right now we are starting playing six guys and five of them have some issues -

First year starters: Hilbers/Roberts, Kirkland

In their position for the first time this year: Harris, Kirkland

Watty was injured, he's a RS-Soph.

I think the only guy that has experience and is an upperclassman is Kaleb.

Ideally, I would like an OL that has all upperclassmen (Jrs and Srs) and 2/3 out of the five be second year starters. I think we? can win like that.

I think 2021 is the first year we might see a 'real' WASHINGTON offensive line.

LT: Mele (RS-JR), Buelow (RS-Soph)
    LG: Ale (RS-JR), Hatchett (RS-FR)
    C: Curne (RS-JR), Fautanu (RS-Soph)
    RG: Bain (RS-SR), Norgy (RS-SR), Memmelaar (RS-FR)
    RT: Kirkland (RS-SR), Kalepo (RS-Soph)

That will be the first year we really have depth. This is why NOGAF how the line is playing right now. Unless Huff is completely incompetent (I doubt it) we will have a beastly line that year.
    I think curne will play white Center?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Just process that.

I've heard Trey is not thinking about coming back... but who knows? I suspect his draft eval will have a lot of say in it. If Trey comes back next year, we will be great.

Ideally, I would like an OL that has all upperclassmen (Jrs and Srs) and 2/3 out of the five be second year starters. I think we? can win like that.

That will be the first year we really have depth. This is why NOGAF how the line is playing right now. Unless Huff is completely incompetent (I doubt it) we will have a beastly line that year.
    Center isn't really a position you recruit for openly, so it's tough to know who will end up there. It's usually a guy who is smart, can move and can't play tackle.
    edited September 2018

Just process that.

Center isn't really a position you recruit for openly, so it's tough to know who will end up there. It's usually a guy who is smart, can move and can't play tackle.
    Didn’t he get snaps at RT? During practice
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Just process that.

He did. I actually think that portends a career at C possibly. Lots of OL coaches like Cs to have played the other positions so they know what the calls mean to every position on the line.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Just process that.

He did. I actually think that portends a career at C possibly. Lots of OL coaches like Cs to have played the other positions so they know what the calls mean to every position on the line.
    Confirmed.

See: Coleman Shelton.