Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

But could Eason transfer and start next year?!?

Actually, yeah. Maybe.

Probably wouldn't go into effect immediately, but prayingdog.png

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    If it passes it should go into effect immediately. Otherwise thats like the ncaa saying fuck you to everyone who transfered this year.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    HuskyJW said:

BaldwinIV said:

Fuck that rule. Open recruiting 247 poaching of current players players bailing if they don't play after 1 year total insanity cats and dogs living together

Coaches can so should players.
    So you need to keep recruiting a kid all 4-5 years he's at your school? LOI day means nothing? Sounds like lunacy.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Sounds like roster management to me.

You make $5 Million/year. You just added a 10th assistant. Figure it out.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158
    Play this scenario out beyond college. If people want to bitch about coaches being able to leave whenever they want even when they have a contract! then I guess we should rip up all professional player contracts, too, when their coach leaves or is fired. Whether they are a paid pro or a college amateur it's the same thing in principle.

I would only support this model if it also allows coaches to cut shit players at the end of each season and have their scholly available for someone else. Could be combined with college athletes getting a stipend salary of some amount and it probably doesn't do anything to harm the big boy programs who can pay more to keep kids on the bench.

FYFMFE
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2018

Play this scenario out beyond college. If people want to bitch about coaches being able to leave whenever they want even when they have a contract! then I guess we should rip up all professional player contracts, too, when their coach leaves or is fired. Whether they are a paid pro or a college amateur it's the same thing in principle.

I would only support this model if it also allows coaches to cut shit players at the end of each season and have their scholly available for someone else. Could be combined with college athletes getting a stipend salary of some amount and it probably doesn't do anything to harm the big boy programs who can pay more to keep kids on the bench.

FYFMFE

It's not the same thing in principle.

Pros are paid. College players are not. That's a massively different level of commitment.

When the NCAA does the right thing and pays players then making them sit out a year to transfer is fine. Until then, this is the right move.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158
    dnc said:

FYFMFE

It's not the same thing in principle.

Pros are paid. College players are not. That's a massively different level of commitment.

When the NCAA does the right thing and pays players then making them sit out a year to transfer is fine. Until then, this is the right move.
    Players are compensated. Please tell me which NFL team is going to pay an 18 year old who is 3-4 years away from being physically able to survive an NFL game.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    I am all for common sense reforms to the transfer rules that would give student athletes more say over where they play (and go to school, ha!), but this seems change seems like it might go a little too far.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

Actually, yeah. Maybe.

If that happens, he ain't transferring to UW
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter

Actually, yeah. Maybe.

If that happens, he ain't transferring to UW
    Cuogs
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    If this rule change happens, does it mean there is a better chance that we can convince Browning to transfer to Oregon State?