Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jon Wilner must read DFI

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
Plagiarizes Race Bannon's shit- i.e., head coaches usually pick the wrong starting QB.

Rising: Washington’s quarterback depth.

Not even Chris Petersen knows who will start at quarterback when the Huskies take the field on Aug. 31, 2019, for their first season opener of the post-Jake Browning era (against Eastern Washington).

Jacob Eason’s pending return to his homeland after two seasons at Georgia, as reported by the Seattle Times, adds another arm to the mix of potential replacements for Browning.

A former 5-star recruit, Eason joins a list that includes four touted underclassmen and incoming recruits.

It could be a five-way duel in the spring and summer of 2019 (unless someone transfers).

The more there are, the tougher the competition, the greater the variety of options, the better the chances of picking the right one.

And we see instances every year (USC in ’16, Arizona in ’17) of coaches picking the wrong one.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/11/thursday-stock-report-arizonas-search-eason-to-washington-stanfords-exodus-and-potential-coach-on-coach-verbal-violence/

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011

Plagiarizes Race Bannon's shit- i.e., head coaches usually pick the wrong starting QB.

Not even Chris Petersen knows who will start at quarterback when the Huskies take the field on Aug. 31, 2019, for their first season opener of the post-Jake Browning era (against Eastern Washington).

Jacob Eason’s pending return to his homeland after two seasons at Georgia, as reported by the Seattle Times, adds another arm to the mix of potential replacements for Browning.

A former 5-star recruit, Eason joins a list that includes four touted underclassmen and incoming recruits.

It could be a five-way duel in the spring and summer of 2019 (unless someone transfers).

The more there are, the tougher the competition, the greater the variety of options, the better the chances of picking the right one.

And we see instances every year (USC in ’16, Arizona in ’17, Washington '14, Washington '15, Washington '16, Washington '17) of coaches picking the wrong one.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/01/11/thursday-stock-report-arizonas-search-eason-to-washington-stanfords-exodus-and-potential-coach-on-coach-verbal-violence/

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    edited January 2018
    whlinder said:

I

when the Huskies take the field on Aug. 31, 2019

so 2019 will be special?

a five-way

nice.
    I think we're affected by the Iron Law of the Head Coach always choosing the wrong starter in 2018 and 2019. I have no fucking idea if Sirmon/Yankoff would give us a better shot of beating Auburn, but if it's clear that one of them does, then you burn the red-shirt and try and win the game. Beating Auburn would be huge for our national perception.
    Considering that we’ve lost 5 games in the past two years, we don’t have any decent win to hang our hat on. Stanford and Colorado are the best. Rofl.

0-3 vs USC, Bama and Peen State.
    BOANEM!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,967 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Actually the more there are the better the chances of picking the wrong one.

It's just that the more options you have the more likely the one you pick is going to be pretty damn good, even if he's not the best one.
    AGREE. I want more GOOD players and LESS bad ones at the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,950 Founders Club

dnc said:

It's just that the more options you have the more likely the one you pick is going to be pretty damn good, even if he's not the best one.
    AGREE. I want more GOOD players and LESS bad ones at the UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON.
    There is a HCH iron law meme about yore use of capitalization, but I cunt exactly remember what it is....
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

dnc said:

Fewer
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Best case scenario to me for 2018:
    1. Browning opens the year as the starter
    2. UW beats Auburn
    3. Yankoff starts the year with some special packages that he comes in to run
    4. During the course of the year, it becomes obvious in practice that Yankoff gives the offense a better chance to win than Browning
    5. Late in the year Yankoff comes into a game where Browning is obviously struggling, takes the job, and runs with it into the open 3 way competition in 2019
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

2. UW beats Auburn
    4. During the course of the year, it becomes obvious in practice that Yankoff gives the offense a better chance to win than Browning
    5. Late in the year Yankoff comes into a game where Browning is obviously struggling, takes the job, and runs with it into the open 3 way competition in 2019
    Browning is fine in practice.

He can't be hit.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Tequilla said:

2. UW beats Auburn

He can't be hit.
    I blame Jonah Williams.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

2. UW beats Auburn

He can't be hit.
    Disagree ... I've seen Browning shit his pants in a practice where he knows he can't get hit but big angry defensive players are chasing him down
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

2. UW beats Auburn

He can't be hit.
    Disagree ... I've seen Browning shit his pants in a practice where he knows he can't get hit but big angry defensive players are chasing him down
    To be fair, I'd shit all over myself if Gaines and Vea were chasing me. Unless I had a gun howitzer.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

2. UW beats Auburn

He can't be hit.
    To be fair, I'd shit all over myself if Gaines and Vea were chasing me. Unless I had a gun howitzer.
    Sounds a little racist