Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Actual question

chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Is there a consensus for # of wins that makes 2013 a success?

Honestly, if we win 9 games (not including a bowl), I'd dig my Bark for Sark shirt out of the trash.

If we win 10, is Sark the guy?

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Nine wins is shit in the era of college football inflation.

Ten wins is something worth a damn.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,672
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    nine wins isn't shit, but it doesn't deserve the deep respect it once did during the era of 11 game seasons. It's alright.
  • Options
    Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    9 wins would be incremental progress. 9 > 7. In order to do that, they have to win all the OOC games.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He wins 10 next year, because 2013 is "special" (how fucking gay is that), and since he's such a great recruiter. . . . . the next time we see 7 is door-ass-out.

Capiche?
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,266
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They should've had 9 wins this year if not for Corky. I know people say that the players have to make the plays but the fact that they haven't been making the plays for 3 straight years to get the team over the 7 win hump tells me it's on the coach.

10-2 is special. 9-3 is OK. 8-4 = 7-5 again and 7-5 = 6-6 and 6-6 = a losing record when you take into account the fact there is not a TUFF game on the OOC schedule.
  • Options
    volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1. anything 8 or less is an abject failure given the OOC schedule. F-

2. 9 wins can be argued that we are improving, however the schedule is too easy to set the bar here. 9 while would be a 'good #', the ceiling is higher than that. D+/C-

3. 10+ and Corky gets a good grade and we can actually be pretty excited for the next year and not full of nervous anxiety. B/A

i think what most UW fans don't understand is that the majority of us here would never root for UW to fail so that we 'get our way/make our point'. we all know UW has more overall potential than the bullshit we've seen for the last decade and we are not going to just lap up the shit that the AD feeds us just bc....& therein lies the lunatic label bc we are passionate and protective of our rightful place at the top of the pac 12 hierarchy. we can't help that we're right 99.9% of the time. Most would agree that another coaching change would not be good for this program, albeit probably needed based on the objective evidence Sark has given us so far. there have been plenty of examples of great HC's taking a while to figure it out...& mind you while hope is not a good god damned strategy, but that's what we have right now. If Sark figures it out THIS YEAR, it's better for everyone of us. With that said, Sark now has enough rope to hang himself in the court of public opinion with a meddling/disappointing mediocre 6-8 win year....which could quickly turn the tables on his job security. The normal excuses are gone (TUFF schedule, Ty's team, 0-12, TUFF OOC, old stadium, seahawks stadium, young team, etc).

i love the fact that the pressure is squarely on Sark at this point. sink or swim time.

let it play out.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,266
    Founders Club

i love the fact that the pressure is squarely on Sark at this point. sink or swim time.

let it play out.

I don't think there's enough pressure on him that if he responds with 7 or 8 wins that he gets canned. I think even a 6-6 record keeps him around but with a rather hot seat next year. 5-7 is probably the same. 4-8 or worse for him to get fired. 6-8 wins and he only then has a hot seat in 2014. 9-10 wins and he's the second coming of Don James.
  • Options
    nihilistdawgnihilistdawg Member Posts: 226
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    needs to be 9+, but more than anything that needs to be the new minimum. Cant win 9 or 10 this year, then fall back into the same "well, now we need a new QB, TE, and defensive players...so a slip up is ok" The QB's Sark has brought in are all top 15 rated kids that arent forced to play right away. 9 is the new minimum. Man up Sark.
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9+ should be the standard for this year even that bothers me since you could go 6-3 in conference and get to 9 assuming you win all three of the OOC games.

Next year with 4 OOC games against sub-par teams they damned well better win 10 or 11 games.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited February 2013
    section8 said:

9+ should be the standard for this year even that bothers me since you could go 6-3 in conference and get to 9 assuming you win all three of the OOC games.

Next year with 4 OOC games against sub-par teams they damned well better win 10 or 11 games.

Thats what I've been saying.....9 is the minimum for improvement in 2013 now that you don't have an auto-loss in non conference. 8-5 is the new 7-6 because of easier non-conference schedule. And by 9 I mean 9-3.
  • Options
    Kristen ‏@KristenDawg
    @SOU_TeamGeneral Nigel, you should of heard the huge praise of you on KJR! You blew all of them away! U R gonna be one GREAT DAWG!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dick_B said:

Kristen ‏@KristenDawg
    @SOU_TeamGeneral Nigel, you should of heard the huge praise of you on KJR! You blew all of them away! U R gonna be one GREAT DAWG!

WOOF!
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited February 2013
    Nine wins? Big frigin deal.

If he goes 10 - 2 and wins a bowl game, I'll reconsider my total contempt for this low octane cream puff.

Changing coaches is bad? Tell that to the Super Powers in the SEC. Coaches don't produce, they're out. Five years is way, way plenty of time.

FYI: Mike Price was fired before he got to Tuscaloosa much less coach a game. There's a lot of space between fire their ass yesterday and Washington's limp wrist giving duds forever to produce.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You guys are delusional if you think 8 or even 7 wins gets him canned.

The issue is that this will be the pinnacle of 5 years of building and kick ass pressers and Free pub. This is as good as it gets. Will it be enough?

My bet is that UW finishes 8-4 and 3rd again in the Pac 12 North with Aubbie screaming NEXT year is end of the road and he is drawing a line in the sand. Grinolds and Eklund with preach about how Sark is finally getting in on top guys, some REAL different makers and Fetters will continue to believe his site is about him.

I'm getting pretty tired of this story line.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Dick_B said:

Kristen ‏@KristenDawg

Attacking my twatters?! You HHBs only get better at being classless azzes. You are #1 in NO class!

I'm out there fellating these young DAWGS everyday. Are you?? Are you there to pick up Abdul after he throws another game away?? Are you there to pump up Keith after each game ending INT? I didn't think so. I'm a true DAWG.

#DUBSUP

• Options
    That avatar scares me.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

The issue is that this will be the pinnacle of 5 years of building and kick ass pressers and Free pub. This is as good as it gets. Will it be enough?

My bet is that UW finishes 8-4 and 3rd again in the Pac 12 North with Aubbie screaming NEXT year is end of the road and he is drawing a line in the sand. Grinolds and Eklund with preach about how Sark is finally getting in on top guys, some REAL different makers and Fetters will continue to believe his site is about him.

And this is why I've rekindled my love affair with my money.

Money used on hookers and blow>>>>Money wasted on UW football.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,672
    Founders Club
    edited February 2013
    Dick_B said:

That avatar scares me.

Agreed. Tommy's avatar has scared me since Day 1.

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

TommySQC said:

Money used on hookers and blow>>>>Money wasted on UW football.
    This. I need to learn this.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fleenor told me CheersWest is for sale......