Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon Hires Donte Williams as OLB Coach

So why does this matter for UW?

BECAUSE HE IS A GREAT RECRUITER AND WILL BE RECRUITING SAV'ELL SMALLS.

Meanwhile, as currently constructed, we will have Gregory and Kwiatkowski recruiting Smalls for us vs. Keith Heyward and Donte Williams, and that is just Oregon.

YAY!

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

As long as we get the elite DT recruit in 2021 then Savell Smalls doesn’t matter all that much.

So true. Heard it will be a bumper crop.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I get your point ...

But including Kwiatkowski in this is FS because he is strong enough as a DC that regardless of his (in)ability to recruit we aren’t trading him in for AT LEAST 81% of the DCs we will be recruiting against.

Gregory is a completely different point ...

Hopefully we can de-emphasize Gregory and Kane Iaone can go big early

I am talking about the people that will be recruiting him, I obviously know Kwat is a great DC. Him being a great DC doesn't matter in recruiting.
    My point is that you can be critical of Kwat as a recruiter all you want and if you want to lump him into the recruiting category against other schools that’s great ...

But Kwat ain’t going anywhere ...

And those schools you are suggesting we are in deep against it from a recruiting standpoint would likely bend over and kiss Kwat’s feet to be their DC
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Hopefully Salavea gets the Arizona job. He is an alum.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I'm not too high on Smalls. I don't think a true force on the D should have the word "Small" in his name. It just doesn't work...... Sav'ell Biggs on the other hand
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

I'm not too high on Smalls. I don't think a true force on the D should have the word "Small" in his name. It just doesn't work...... Sav'ell Biggs on the other hand

Sav’ell BBC Smalls
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

This is Williams fourth stop in four years and UO has given him responsibility for a subset within a position group. He is gone the first time a bigger program or smaller program offering more responsibility calls. No way he ever coaches Smalls at UO. Even Gregory should be able to make that point.

Agree 100%. This is also assuming that Cristobal is still the HC in 2 years....I have my doubts..USC (LA) is going to be the school that UW has to fight Small for..funny..bc Pete just hired a guy who is 1) from LA 2)Played under Pete Carroll at USC and 3) GET'S IT.

I'm actually quite confident that Smalls will be a DWAG.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128

This is Williams fourth stop in four years and UO has given him responsibility for a subset within a position group. He is gone the first time a bigger program or smaller program offering more responsibility calls. No way he ever coaches Smalls at UO. Even Gregory should be able to make that point.

Nebraska fans seem to be universally happy to be rid of the guy as a coach as well. Great recruiting + shitty coaching = UCLA.

I'm pretty happy with the Harris hire. Brotha from LA who has had success with DBs he's coached.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Nebraska fans seem to be universally happy to be rid of the guy as a coach as well. Great recruiting + shitty coaching = UCLA.

I'm pretty happy with the Harris hire. Brotha from LA who has had success with DBs he's coached.
    I mean, who knows. He was there for just one year and the entire team was a dumpster fire.

Recruiting is a huge portion of the value proposition of a position coach. Donte was getting 4* kids from Cali to verbal to Arizona.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Bob Gregory just needs to fucking LEAVE already. We gotta hire an ILB coach who fucks, and an OLB/Edge coach who fucks as the 10th assistant.

Also, Coach Kielbasa twatted this yesterday:

Seriously. That's the first thing you're gonna twat out in months??? Be more fucking white and lunch pail-carrying you piece of shit.

You think THAT is gonna get kids to come here??????? I understand you want a certain type of player (not soft), but jesus christ.

Kwat just doesn't get it when it comes to recruiting. We're never gonna have good LBs unless we hire guys to carry his ass in that aspect.

Pete and Malloe landed Kaho. Who the fuck is Smalls going to connect with on this staff?

FUCK.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840

Bob Gregory just needs to fucking LEAVE already. We gotta hire an ILB coach who fucks, and an OLB/Edge coach who fucks as the 10th assistant.

Seriously. That's the first thing you're gonna twat out in months??? Be more fucking white and lunch pail-carrying you piece of shit.

You think THAT is gonna get kids to come here??????? I understand you want a certain type of player (not soft), but jesus christ.

Kwat just doesn't get it when it comes to recruiting. We're never gonna have good LBs unless we hire guys to carry his ass in that aspect.

Pete and Malloe landed Kaho. Who the fuck is Smalls going to connect with on this staff?

FUCK.
    Seems a little over the top, to be honest.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    AIRWOLF said:

FUCK.
    Seems a little over the top, to be honest.
    If I can't overreact and bash the coaches, I'm fucking out. If you want to read a bunch of "everything's fine, I trust the coaches", you'll find it on dawgman.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    You would have to be a complete turd to not get me at a drug fueled sex cruise.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

You would have to be a complete turd to not get me at a drug fueled sex cruise.

Malloe says hi!