Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The twitters are upset

SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
Founders Club
LOOK: Twitter is not pleased with Alabama vs. Georgia in the national championship

Deja vu all over again.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who could we get that is better?

Bama surprised me. I guess they aren't dead afterall
  • Options
    Founders Club

Probably no one. But CFB fans do seem to have about had it with SEC dominance. It will be interesting, or not, to see what the viewer share ratings are for the game.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm probably being woooshed but how could anyone think Saban's Bama dead? Did Mosster hijack this account?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

I'm probably being woooshed but how could anyone think Saban's Bama dead? Did Mosster hijack this account?
    Dabo's Clemson is dead for awhile, especially when Venables leaves.

Bama will go nowhere as long as Nick is there. Dabo will take over when he retires and they will continue to be good for a long time after.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t see any of the WINNERS complaining.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Bama will go nowhere as long as Nick is there. Dabo will take over when he retires and they will continue to be good for a long time after.
    Clemson isn't dead, gtfo with that
  • Options
    Founders Club

Mosster47 said:

Gladstone said:

Seriously?

Clemson is a top 5 recruiting school that plays in a conference with only 2 other powers (Florida State and Miami). Clemson isn't like what Oregon was and what Washington is now. They have 5 star guys that play like 5 stars, and don't rely on a conference being one step above the WAC in talent. The ACC isn't great but it's miles ahead of the Pac 12 right now.

I'm sure you're going to hate me for saying this, but the Chip Kelly model in college football is dead. Chip took advantage of a weak conference, and a college football world that still valued size and strength over speed. College football has caught up, now teams have size and strength AND speed. Washington unlike Stanford has a lot of team speed mixed with their size, so their the closest thing to a SEC team the Pac 12 has, and they aren't even close to the best in that conference. Clemson and Ohio St. are the closest things to a SEC school without being a SEC school. They aren't going anywhere.

You put Washington or 2011-2014 Oregon in the SEC right now, they finish behind Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn. Then, you are hoping they don't get knocked off by the occasional Florida, LSU, and Mississippi State of the world. If Arizona St. and Stanford can beat UW and those Oregon teams, you know damn well those other teams can. It's hard to make that same argument against Clemson. They stubbed their toe against Syracuse, but they and Ohio st. are about the only teams that have stared the beast in the face and knocked them out.
    Agree