Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bryant

I can't wait until he isn't on the field

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,088
    We shouldn't have a 5'7 guy playing CB in our non-nickel package straight up. For a walk-on, Bryant has shown some flashes, but obviously teams have identified him as having Psalmish tendencies AKA his height disadvantage. You throw in some safeties who have issues with coverage and it's a recipe for getting scorched like tonight.

Of course, not having a pass rusher worth a damn doesn't help either. We don't have the horses yet.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Gwad said:

Him and Joyner getting abused by pass plays is how we lost all three games this year. Go look for yourself games are on youtube.

I like Joyner, but he’s average as a cover guy. Maybe below average. He can hit tho.

McIntosh can’t cover for shit either.

I get the Bryant criticism, but the cherry picking and playing favorites on this board is FS.
    This 'walk-ons are just as good as scholarship players' narrative that you're pushing if FS.

It's not about walk-ons and not walk-ons, it's about getting guys that are physically superior and mentally tough. Until we have players like that at every position we are going to get beat in games like this. The end.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gwad said:

Him and Joyner getting abused by pass plays is how we lost all three games this year. Go look for yourself games are on youtube.

I like Joyner, but he’s average as a cover guy. Maybe below average. He can hit tho.

I get the Bryant criticism, but the cherry picking and playing favorites on this board is FS.
    This 'walk-ons are just as good as scholarship players' narrative that you're pushing if FS.

It's not about walk-ons and not walk-ons, it's about getting guys that are physically superior and mentally tough. Until we have players like that at every position we are going to get beat in games like this. The end.
    It's a shame the NCAA does not allow coaches to prepare teams to overcome talent disadvantages.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,399 Founders Club

Gwad said:

It's a shame the NCAA does not allow coaches to prepare teams to overcome talent disadvantages.
    God you are a fucking moron about football. You are a smart guy and I understand you think just saying 'win, nem' is the greatest way to be awesome on the internet.

But it's so one-note that it's tedious. You aren't living up to your potential as a poaster. What a dud you are Baabs. Sad.
    SAD!!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Gwad said:

God you are a fucking moron about football. You are a smart guy and I understand you think just saying 'win, nem' is the greatest way to be awesome on the internet.

But it's so one-note that it's tedious. You aren't living up to your potential as a poaster. What a dud you are Baabs. Sad.
    So you're saying I'm the Jacob Eason of Hardcore Husky.

Hurtful.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Gwad said:

Hurtful.
    With the exception of smashing copious amounts of UGA Soror gash... sure.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,796 Founders Club
    Bryant, Bowman and Pulu can help us beat Oregon State, Cal and Wazzu. Thats cool and all, I just want to beat Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma. They will not help with that. In fact good coaches with skullfuckers on the field will target those JAGs until we submit.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:

Hurtful.
    With the exception of smashing copious amounts of UGA Soror gash... sure.
    Substitute Portland State frumpy gash in there..