Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pete Kwiatkowski

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited December 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Still like him very much. Glad he is our DC. (Feel like I have to say that shit for all the sensitive doogs).

But champions perform well in championship games. Kwiatkowski failed to show adjustments against stanford and now this catastrophe.

He’s good, but he still has much to prove. For me, shutting down cal, wazzu and ucla now have less meaning. Next year remember this when you’re about to WTF my posts because I seem less-than-impressed when our defense crushes soft teams.

Comments

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Not sure why we stuck with the three man front so much. Four man seemed to work better.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    DeepSeaZ said:

Not sure why we stuck with the three man front so much. Four man seemed to work better.

It’s because when you remove Gaines (where the fuck was he?) we only have like 5 total DL on the roster that can even play...
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2017
    DeepSeaZ said:

Whenever we blitzed, our slow white pass rushers (including potato) got picked up pretty easily. There was no lightning or heat coming at their QB. Just a bunch of over achieving future software salesmen.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Our lack of edge pressure and ability to contain mobile QBs showed today ...

We need to go to the drawing board for mobile QBs
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    the game plan was definitely not there
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel like UW consistently gets outcoached in the biggest games.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Why do you blitz every motherfucking play it never once worked!
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited December 2017

gmo said:

Tonight felt much more like a talent gap. Their O line was suppose to be mediocre and completely dominated Vea and Gaines and picked up almost every blitz. Mqsworley was easily the best QB we have seen this year combined with the best back in the country.
    The problem is with how the DL has been built... the interior DL is built to be a bunch of gaint blobs filling gaps that can’t/aren’t supposed to rush the passer like alameda Taamu clones while the LBs meet the RB in the holes... the problem is our LBs suck ass

Outside of bowman (the promising freshman) The rush ends are fucking psalm clones... if Tevis had 3 more years he would be promising, and everyone else is forgettable shit rushers with limited moves, agility, strength, or speed.

Fucking just move Jojo to rush end and turn him into a more retarded feeny rush end if we are going to play shit players there
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

gmo said:

Tonight felt much more like a talent gap. Their O line was suppose to be mediocre and completely dominated Vea and Gaines and picked up almost every blitz. Mqsworley was easily the best QB we have seen this year combined with the best back in the country.
    The problem is with how the DL has been built... the interior DL is built to be a bunch of gaint blobs filling gaps that can’t/aren’t supposed to rush the passer like alameda Taamu clones while the LBs meet the RB in the holes... the problem is our LBs suck ass

Outside of bowman (the promising freshman) The rush ends are fucking psalm clones... if Tevis had 3 more years he would be promising, and everyone else is forgettable shit rushers with limited moves, agility, strength, or speed.

Fucking just move Jojo to rush end and turn him into a more retarded feeny rush end if we are going to play shit players there
    LBs were not good this year
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Houhusky said:

gmo said:

I don't care where they put Jojo as long as it doesn't
    involve any kind of safety position.
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,727 Swaye's Wigwam

gmo said:

Sure but I think a bit of abundance (talent and coaching). Gameplan and adjustments sure seemed lacking as well.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    My view on K is: last year against Stanford we ran out Vea, Gaines and Qualls on the DL. This year just Vea and Gaines and rotated. Too often we had Tevis and Bowman standing up. They power ran and got to the 2nd level wherever BBK was. Dropping the 3rd DL was horrific against Stanford and horrific against PSU. Against legit teams, we lose the LS. Very frustrating.

*Note: I agree with more heat from the edge would’ve helped. I’m just thinking about the roster we had and the the strengths.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Passion said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Whenever we blitzed, our slow white pass rushers (including potato) got picked up pretty easily. There was no lightning or heat coming at their QB. Just a bunch of over achieving future software salesmen.
    4 man front and keep the edge. Our pass rushers suck at pass rushing so just keep the fucking edge. Stop trying to do something we clearly can’t.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Passion said:

Still like him very much. Glad he is our DC. (Feel like I have to say that shit for all the sensitive doogs).

But champions perform well in championship games. Kwiatkowski failed to show adjustments against stanford and now this catastrophe.

He’s good, but he still has much to prove. For me, shutting down cal, wazzu and ucla now have less meaning. Next year remember this when you’re about to WTF my posts because I seem less-than-impressed when our defense crushes soft teams.

Wait, UW/PSU was the championship game?