Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

OT (long)

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
I was watching a Football Life - Randall Cunningham and they were talking about how he grew up a USC fan due to his brother Sam Bam Cunningham. Randall was not recruited by USC. The show goes on about how blacks just didn't get a chance to be a QB at a school like USC in those days.

Sounds good, right?

Except in "those days" Rodney Fucking Peete was the USC quarterback. And Jimmy Johnson, noted Black guy, was a QB on a Rose Bowl winning team for SC in the 60's.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Passion, KobeStopper true?!?!?!?
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I also heard Rick didn't recruit any linemen. Staff? True?!?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Did you guys hear about that one time a black guy made a statement that was incorrect? What's with these black people anyways?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    So 2 guys in 20+ years?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited November 2013
    I don't see causation in this one.

Is he well spoken?
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't see causation in this one.

Is he well spoken?

Yes. And he is articulate.
  • Did he come from a single parent household or two parent household?
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    You act like the great migration of homoerectus out of the african continent never happened.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Obviously racism doesn't exist then.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

Back to checkers I see
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    HuskyJW said:

So 2 guys in 20+ years?

It's racist to not have a QB of non-white ethnicity now.

My point was twofold - it was plain sloppy to say that about USC and if you're going to make a point about the lack of Black quarterbacks in the mid to late 80's, why would you single out a school that had a Black QB in the 60's and had one at the time that Randall was being recruited. A school that integrated the Crimson Tide by going down there and kicking their ass with a bunch of Black players.

The guys that made the film were well spoken and had a lot of natural talent but clearly need more time in the film room
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    edited November 2013

My point was twofold - it was plain sloppy to say that about USC and if you're going to make a point about the lack of Black quarterbacks in the mid to late 80's, why would you single out a school that had a Black QB in the 60's and had one at the time that Randall was being recruited. A school that integrated the Crimson Tide by going down there and kicking their ass with a bunch of Black players.

The guys that made the film were well spoken and had a lot of natural talent but clearly need more time in the film room

While I agree with your overall poont here, Cunningham came about 3 years before Rodney Robinson Peete.

honk em

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    dnc said:

While I agree with your overall poont here, Cunningham came about 3 years before Rodney Robinson Peete.

honk em

Facts are negotiable when discussing racism.
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

honk em

Facts are negotiable when discussing Husky football.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    dnc said:

honk em

So what you're saying is the coaching staff took 3 years to get rid of their racist tendencies?

dnc said:

honk em

So what you're saying is the coaching staff took 3 years to get rid of their racist tendencies?
    No, I'm saying Race needs to consult his research minions before making poasts about race.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Back to checkers I see
    Double jump.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

With some stuff created and produced by the millennial generation, history just can't be art unless it's rewritten. Whether it's wrong or not, biographical fiction should be expected for the study of unmentionables such as racism and religion.