Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuck our pass rush. Deserves own thread.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
The biggest failure in Petersen’s recruiting. He is miles ahead of Sark as a coach and leader, but Sark recruited our last two decent edge rushers - Feeney and Littleton.

Pete has recruited shit, and now we’re paying for it.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It’s as much scheme as players
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    tonight i would blame in on the scheme
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    What people never mention is how huge Budda Baker was as
    a pass rusher. His last year he played almost all his snaps as a slot
    corner and always seemed to 3 or 4 times a game rush the passer from
    the slot and was superb at it. We have no one this year that could do that.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Passion said:

The biggest failure in Petersen’s recruiting. He is miles ahead of Sark as a coach and leader, but Sark recruited our last two decent edge rushers - Feeney and Littleton.

Fuck that shit. They had a great pass rush with Feeney and Littleton. They need to possibly coach better
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Fuck that shit. They had a great pass rush with Feeney and Littleton. They need to possibly coach better
    Yes, I know they had a great pass rush with Feeney and Littleton. That’s what I just fucking said.
    Not sure they were “great” pass rushers..... I thought it was scheme.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 713 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought they had a great pass rush with feeney and littleton.
  • TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    If we could get back to a pass rush like with Feeney and Littleton, the current staff hasn't recruited suitable replacements so far.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Now I’m lost in this thread.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Really cool thing about tonight was the blitzing and lack of pressure. Combo of good blocking, good QB play and bad calls/execution. i'd say it's far more the two formers than the latter. We? sucked, but Trace is a gamer, and their OL wasn't god awful.

The LB were by far the shittiest. Either by play or by calls in the booth.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    After the first qtr, it was apparent we couldn't get pressure w/ just three, yet DC Kwat stuck with it. Our blitz packages all year have produced little to nothing and that continued tonight as well. I hate bringing guys delayed and away from the los as good qb's see it and get rid of ball b4 it can get home which Mcsorley did.

The weak link on this D in terms of recruiting and performance is Bob Gregory and the Buck/Sam and inside LB's, and that aint' changing next year based on who we bring back.

You think Stanford bullzeyed BBK this year, wait until September when we play Auburn.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Tequilla said:

Our fucking DTs have more pass rush moves than our bucks. We now live in a bizzaro world where Ikaika looks like a better coach than Kawasaki.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Tequilla said:

Our fucking DTs have more pass rush moves than our bucks. We now live in a bizzaro world where Ikaika looks like a better coach than Kawasaki.
    I think Benning should move inside. He is really good against the run, but cannot rush the passer. I think he will be an effective inside guy if we put 20 pounds on him.

Bowman gambles constantly because he can't out-physical anyone. That results in some good plays and some shitty ones.

He's pretty good, but again - he should be a 3rd string player.

This is why we need guys like D.J. Johnson and Jeremiah Martin. Desperately.
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Benning played his best game as a husky yesterday, did fucking nothing, and somehow was the best of the pass rush.

That's how much it sucks.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    Benning should definitely move inside. Ngata should start at buck. I don't care if he's only 210 next year, at least he's fast as fuck and can get after it.