Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFanPodcast: Colorado week

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    Gladstone said:

Wait, that story about the douche turning to his lover and saying 'thank god Tyrone Willingham is our coach...'

can't be real...can't be real...can't be real

are you shitting me

lol

It was a huge running joke after that call. It spanned a million "I turned to my wife and said..." lines.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    When exactly was it said?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

When exactly was it said?

Man, I don't recall exactly to be honest. I'm sure someone here does. Probably sometime in 2007 but I don't remember what exactly triggered it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Some funny references in the Times comments to Brewer's Profile in Protecting Black Coaches here:

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/brewer/2007/12/keep_willingham.html
  • I also see a "peter" in there. Is that Chest by any chance? He had a good rant towards Brewer. Damn I still can't believe that so many were defending an 11-25 coach who had only won 6 conference games to that point as well and was 1-8 vs the PNW.

You new guys wonder why so many are jaded around here it's this thread that Sven linked to is why.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited November 2013
    Posted by Sven
    10:50 AM, Dec 04, 2007
    Ty had no problem terminating players early because of underperformance.

He should have no problem with Washington terminating him for underperformance.

College football is a cold, cruel business as Ty himself has demonstrated throughout his tenure at Washington.

Those of you arguing that termination now is unfair are hypocritically ignoring Ty's own record.

Posted by Sven
    11:14 AM, Dec 04, 2007
    The program will be worse off if Ty is fired after the 2008 rather than now:

His replacement will only have one year to build the team up for a big run in 2009. The odds of going on a big run there are far lower than they are if you give Ty's replacement an extra year to build up to that run.

2009 is the key year because it's Jake's fourth year and the odd numbered years are the years where UW gets the tough Pac-10 teams at home.

Giving Ty another year to prove what we already know about him from his first 13 years as a head coach is a waste of an extremely valuable year for Washington's hopes of doing big things with Jake Locker

This was a really good argument by Sven at the time and holds true. I didn't understand the loyalty towards him when he showed no loyalty to his own players.

Posted by Sven

College football is a cold, cruel business as Ty himself has demonstrated throughout his tenure at Washington.

Those of you arguing that termination now is unfair are hypocritically ignoring Ty's own record.

This was a really good argument by Sven at the time and holds true. I didn't understand the loyalty towards him when he showed no loyalty to his own players.

Who the fuck is Sven and does he ever post here?
  • Posted by Sven

Who the fuck is Sven and does he ever post here?
    I hear you should never open up a link that he posts. Other than that, never seen him.
    It's amazing how the Doog excuses in 2013 are just like the Doog excuses in 2007.
    That Sven guy really knew his shit:

Posted by Sven
    11:14 AM, Dec 04, 2007
    The program will be worse off if Ty is fired after the 2008 rather than now:

His replacement will only have one year to build the team up for a big run in 2009. The odds of going on a big run there are far lower than they are if you give Ty's replacement an extra year to build up to that run.

2009 is the key year because it's Jake's fourth year and the odd numbered years are the years where UW gets the tough Pac-10 teams at home.

Giving Ty another year to prove what we already know about him from his first 13 years as a head coach is a waste of an extremely valuable year for Washington's hopes of doing big things with Jake Locker
  • Yup just like the program will be worse off if they fire Sark after 2014 than 2013.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Wait, that story about the douche turning to his lover and saying 'thank god Tyrone Willingham is our coach...'

can't be real...can't be real...can't be real

are you shitting me

lol

Oh it's real. It was a running joke for at least two years.
    Man, I must have missed out on a lot of hilarious shit. I never even heard of HHB or this site until someone messaged my pop's Dawgman account in August lol. And when I was a student at UW I never paid attention to websites outside of the ST, although in hindsight I regret it. This place circa 2008 must have been insane. Did people here like Sarkisian from the beginning?
    Most of us HHBs hated the Sarkisian hire. UW went cheap and overpaid at the same time.
    I remember Fetters thought Sark was going to be the OC (when his name came up). It was a terribly underwhelming hire.

The longer Sark is here, the worse the hire will be in retrospect.
  • It's amazing how the Doog excuses in 2013 are just like the Doog excuses in 2007.

They never change. They talk about stability, point out 1-11 when defending Ty, point out 0-12 when defending Sark, the old coach did irreparable damage, recruiting will get fucked with a new coach, we will have to start all over with a new coach, who are we going to get, etc. These fucks truly will defend anyone until it's far too late and something like 0-12 happens.
    Those same fuckers will be the first ones to claim they never liked Sark once he is fired and bring up all his failures for why the next coach can't be expected to succeed right away.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Wow @ that ST link. Fucking wow. Pit in my stomach.
    Gladstone said:

Wow @ that ST link. Fucking wow. Pit in my stomach.

You're welcome.
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just a few days ago, Aubbie posted on Doogman about 8 names to replace Sark at the behest of Kim.

Kim said he, "Chuckled at some of the names."

Really Kim? Just like you "chuckled" when you were told Sark was being interviewed? That you didn't think that was serious? Just like how you dipshits didn't even have Sark on your gay "Coaching Search Primer" back in '08?

I mean, Christ, we just had to have APAG bare pickle an old woman to come up with Sark.

And we only had Damone's drunk father in law on the couch break the news to out scoop your dumbass website.

Kim just never learns his fucking lessons. I can't wait until he's out scooped on the next coaching hire.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Kim has been wrong about everything for the past 10 years. He and his junior lieutenant Scott Eklund don't know jack shit about Sark's future.
  • Kim has been wrong about everything for the past 10 years. He and his junior lieutenant Scott Eklund don't know jack shit about Sark's future.

They have an excuse though. Scott's son has the crud what's yours?

Oh btw, Don James died. The cancer won.