Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

AT&T giving more back

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

Nobody said that all that business needs is a tax cut. Why do you always argue like a straw man fucking faggot?

You should be embarrassed to be alive

you're really being disrespectful of straw men faggots by putting them in with hondo.

Straw men faggots > Hondo > faggot hollow men >>>>>>> Cal
    Take that, Cal.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Landlines, the phone book, newspaper and magazine subscriptions...

Hondo, where were you when the typewriter manufacturers were laid off?

Air conditioning manufacturers, coal industry workers, steel industry workers, US manufacturing workers and I are having belly laughs.

It’s almost like US economy has been modernizing for the benefit of the skilled and educated.

Meanwhile, Troomps celebrate the demise of landlines.

I’m sure you guys are going to kick ass on third world labor in 2018!

MAGA!

Germán Curá plans to bring 600 manufacturing jobs in December to Bay City, Texas, where his European firm, Tenaris, is opening a $1.8 billion steel pipe plant. The rise of the U.S. shale industry largely drove the company's decision to open the plant, but Curá argues that the ability to use advanced technology to create jobs also played a role.

Along with market size and enforcement of trade laws, "I think manufacturing in the States is coming back because companies have understood that with the appropriate technology with automation ... in the end it's translated in our ability to look at manufacturing as a sustainable, feasible activity," he says.

That sentiment may mark a shift in manufacturing, which has long been considered a victim of automation. One study from Ball State University estimates that 87% of the manufacturing jobs lost between 2000 and 2010 were attributed to automation and improved efficiency.

Curá says the typical employee at Tenaris, which also has operations in Canada and Mexico, has changed from "a person pushing a pipe to a person operating a robot."
    So you are saying companies are bringing jobs back to America as long as they can be automated? Nice work.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I wonder how much tax revenue the US is earning on all that offshore cash sitting offshore now?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

I wonder how much tax revenue the US is earning on all that offshore cash sitting offshore now?

Obvious idiocy is obvious.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Air conditioning manufacturers, coal industry workers, steel industry workers, US manufacturing workers and I are having belly laughs.

It’s almost like US economy has been modernizing for the benefit of the skilled and educated.

MAGA!

Germán Curá plans to bring 600 manufacturing jobs in December to Bay City, Texas, where his European firm, Tenaris, is opening a $1.8 billion steel pipe plant. The rise of the U.S. shale industry largely drove the company's decision to open the plant, but Curá argues that the ability to use advanced technology to create jobs also played a role.

Along with market size and enforcement of trade laws, "I think manufacturing in the States is coming back because companies have understood that with the appropriate technology with automation ... in the end it's translated in our ability to look at manufacturing as a sustainable, feasible activity," he says.

That sentiment may mark a shift in manufacturing, which has long been considered a victim of automation. One study from Ball State University estimates that 87% of the manufacturing jobs lost between 2000 and 2010 were attributed to automation and improved efficiency.

Curá says the typical employee at Tenaris, which also has operations in Canada and Mexico, has changed from "a person pushing a pipe to a person operating a robot."
    So you are saying companies are bringing jobs back to America as long as they can be automated? Nice work.
    Manufacturers say that.

Keep rooting for unemployment and failure
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

Obvious idiocy is obvious.
    What is greater, 35% of nothing or 21% of cash returning home ?
    Is this another @UODuckgirl maff question?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited December 2017

MAGA!

Outsourcing jobs of still viable businesses to other countries vs the extinction of an outdated business entirely.

There's a difference.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

MAGA!

Sounds like it’s never been better to be uneducated and unskilled. Good times...
    Were all just waiting to see how Tax cuts are going to prompt New investment in E Mt burger stands.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    edited December 2017

MAGA!

@TheChart is telling me that 2017 manufacturing employment gains are down 18% from Obama's 2014 highs. Figures don't lie.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

MAGA!

Outsourcing jobs of still viable businesses to other countries vs the extinction of an outdated business entirely.

There's a difference.
    Typewriter manufacturers thought they were viable too. Sad.

MAGA!

Sounds like it’s never been better to be uneducated and unskilled. Good times...
    It's a good time to know how to read. It takes brains to run robots and America has them is the take away
    RedRocket said:

MAGA!

@TheChart is telling me that 2017 manufacturing employment gains are down 18% from Obama's 2014 highs. Figures don't lie.
    Makes you wonder why Obama said it couldn't be done
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

MAGA!

To be fair nobody saw the otter sex toy silicon renaissance coming.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

MAGA!

There's a difference.
    Typewriter manufacturers thought they were viable too. Sad.
    The market decided they weren't. While people still buy air conditioning units, commercial contractors still buy steel, and the east coast still uses coal. When people stop buying them and they go under, then so be it. It isn't surprising that you don't get it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

MAGA!

Your post makes it appear that Obama was good for manufacturing.
    RedRocket said:

RedRocket said:

MAGA!

To be fair nobody saw the otter sex toy silicon renaissance coming.

Has anyone here ever applied to be a field tester?