Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doogpound Article

digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,502
From the article, http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/11/5/5068748/the-gekko-file-patching-up-our-pac-12-north-forecasts, here are their comments about the Huskies' season to date:

"Looking at the Huskies offensive and defensive output through the first half of the P12 schedule - easily the most difficult P12 schedule played by any team to date - indicates that the Huskies are playing at a really high level. Even factoring in the let-down in Tempe, the Huskies have consistently produced in most of the important categories used to forecast wins and losses. Considering their general state of health (pretty good) and the consistency in which they've performed (remarkably well), there really isn't any reason to believe that they won't win out. I get that Husky fans are skeptical about the Dawgs' ability to win on the road in environments like Corvallis and Pasadena, but an objective look at the performance to date suggest that they should be able to take those games and, in doing so, finish third in the P12 North."

What in the fuck are wrong with these guys?! Their ignorance upsets me.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

From the article, http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2013/11/5/5068748/the-gekko-file-patching-up-our-pac-12-north-forecasts, here are their comments about the Huskies' season to date:

"Looking at the Huskies offensive and defensive output through the first half of the P12 schedule - easily the most difficult P12 schedule played by any team to date - indicates that the Huskies are playing at a really high level. Even factoring in the let-down in Tempe, the Huskies have consistently produced in most of the important categories used to forecast wins and losses. Considering their general state of health (pretty good) and the consistency in which they've performed (remarkably well), there really isn't any reason to believe that they won't win out. I get that Husky fans are skeptical about the Dawgs' ability to win on the road in environments like Corvallis and Pasadena, but an objective look at the performance to date suggest that they should be able to take those games and, in doing so, finish third in the P12 North."

Finish third in the P12 North and TPO!

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    How do these clowns end up running all the UW websites???
  • DawgGrad95DawgGrad95 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    dnc said:

While I think their optimism and glossing over of the ASU whitewash are laughable, here are a few other teams that will finish 3rd in their divisions:

LSU
    Georgia
    Oklahoma/OSU/Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech

It's hardly surprising that we might finish 3rd behind the #2 and #5 teams in the country.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627

dnc said:

While I think their optimism and glossing over of the ASU whitewash are laughable, here are a few other teams that will finish 3rd in their divisions:

LSU
    Georgia
    Oklahoma/OSU/Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech

It's hardly surprising that we might finish 3rd behind the #2 and #5 teams in the country.
    You can't expect to beat Stanford in THIS economy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

LSU
    Georgia
    Oklahoma/OSU/Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech

They won't be the #2 and 5 teams in the cuntry once they play each other.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

LSU
    Georgia
    Oklahoma/OSU/Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech

Here's the fucked up thing. If we were in the South Division we'd finish no better than 4th.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    We play Oregon State for prestigious 3rd in the North Gameday Championship Title Showdown Shootout Game!!!!!
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

dnc said:

LSU
    Georgia
    Oklahoma/OSU/Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech

Hardly surprising? Thats the problem. Low ass expectations.

After watching the first half of the season and looking at the talent on the roster, finishing 2nd is a legit expectation.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Doogish drivel abounds.
  • I get the skepticism ...
    But I think you would agree that past performance on the road is not a very useful data point upon which to forecast future performance. It’s kind of like saying that the Huskies have had a terrible record on noon kickoffs over the last four years, but are much better at 3pm kickoffs. It’s an interesting factoid, but of no practical value.

Of better value are the data points collected over the first three quarters of a season that tell us our offense is more efficient than any of the competitors left on our schedule, our defense is more robust than any of those left on our schedule and our overall state of health is better than at least the two teams that we go on the road against.

Thus my assertion that there isn’t any reason, beyond the general cynicism of sports fans, to not expect the Huskies to be able to win out. There are no guarantees, of course…but our circumstances are as favorable as we could hope for.

Damn, my eyeball tastes good. --Gekko Mojo

Chris Landon

by Chris Landon on Nov 5, 2013 | 4:30 PM up reply

So apparently you can't use past data to use to predict future data. I hate fucktards who dismiss statistics only because it proves that their fucktarded original point was fucking stupid.

No way in fuck this coach runs the table. Going 1-3 is more realistic than going 4-0.

This team will finish 2-2 and win 7 games once again.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    DJ never had to play Idaho State!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    UCLA fan sites are disappointed in a 22 point win and Mora using youth as an excuse. UW fan sites suck Sark's dick and make up reasons why 7-6>7-6>7-6>7-6.
  • McRibMcRib Member Posts: 227
    PurpleJ said:

We play Oregon State for prestigious 3rd in the North Gameday Championship Title Showdown Shootout Game!!!!!

If we win that game I want a T-shirt.
    PurpleJ said:

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013

I get the skepticism ...
    But I think you would agree that past performance on the road is not a very useful data point upon which to forecast future performance. It’s kind of like saying that the Huskies have had a terrible record on noon kickoffs over the last four years, but are much better at 3pm kickoffs. It’s an interesting factoid, but of no practical value.

Of better value are the data points collected over the first three quarters of a season that tell us our offense is more efficient than any of the competitors left on our schedule, our defense is more robust than any of those left on our schedule and our overall state of health is better than at least the two teams that we go on the road against.

Thus my assertion that there isn’t any reason, beyond the general cynicism of sports fans, to not expect the Huskies to be able to win out. There are no guarantees, of course…but our circumstances are as favorable as we could hope for.

Damn, my eyeball tastes good. --Gekko Mojo

Chris Landon

by Chris Landon on Nov 5, 2013 | 4:30 PM up reply

So apparently you can't use past data to use to predict future data. I hate fucktards who dismiss statistics only because it proves that their fucktarded original point was fucking stupid.

No way in fuck this coach runs the table. Going 1-3 is more realistic than going 4-0.

This team will finish 2-2 and win 7 games once again.

My reply was deleted on doogpound so I will put it here.

Your assertion is still false, Gekko.

Advanced metrics are garbage, in my humble opinion. I like the Parcells motto - you are what your record states you are.

Road records separate the elite coaches from the Coordinator pretenders.

Pardon my elementary metrics, but its clear after 59 games, and a 1-11 road record against .500 teams that Washington's coach is mediocre at best.
  • This year on the road I saw the Huskies barely beat a terrible Illinois team, go toe to toe with Stanford but ultimately lose then get blown out to ASU.

Sark's road record is what it is. To say those numbers don't predict the future is fucking stupid. Sounds like one of those idiots arguing about Ty being 11-25 doesn't predict his future in 2008.