Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

just heard on ESPN there was a player pole @ Miami re: Ritchie Incognito

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
edited November 2013 in Tug Tavern
2 separate pole's:

1. Do you want Incognito back? Nearly unanomous YES

2. Do you want Martin back? nearly unanomous NO

discuss

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think both should go. Martin will never earn respect in that locker room and will always be seen as soft. Incognito needs to go because he is a ringleader of a fucked up culture. Fucking with someone to the brink of suicide is psychopathic. Get rid of both, and possibly the coach and GM and start fresh.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I think Sven said it best. Any any other business, how would an employee who did this shit be handled?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,318 Swaye's Wigwam
    If this pole is in fact true....it shows once again the knuckle-dragging meathead mentality of athletes.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,252 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

If this pole is in fact true....it shows once again the knuckle-dragging meathead mentality of athletes.

We've had stupider poles on this message bored.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HuskyJW said:

We've had stupider poles on this message bored.
    Miami cooged that pole.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    The thing I have a hard time understanding is that if Incognito was really this hardcore racist then why did other black player's in the locker room come to his defense? Like Mike Wallace, Cameron Wake, and Will Davis even going as far as calling him one of the most popular in the locker room.

My guess was some event by Martin triggered something and Incognito probably left a couple drunk voicemails and texts (which by no means excuses the actions).
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,932
    edited November 2013
    HuskyJW said:

I agree, but this is not any other job or business. It's athletics. It's different. And this isn't just athletics, it's football, the most violent sport of them all. Save the hockey comparison for someone more open-minded than I am. Even James said in a now famous interview, when addressing a run-up in campus "incidents" involving his "student athletes", and I paraphrase, you are recruiting a different kind of kid ... you're looking for, in many instances, a kid with a wild hair up his ass. You're looking for killers. And you are.

This is pro football. Any 300+ lb. offensive lineman who can be bullied is not an offensive lineman I want to pay millions of dollars to play. Do you think Gogan or Kreutz or Garcia or Kennedy or Malamala could have been "bullied" as rookies? I don't. I think they would have done what they needed to do under whatever hazing tradition they were dealing with, and if/when it crossed their line, they would have stood on the line and said, "fuck you you overrated roided up Nebraska piece of shit. come get your $ you faggot mother fucker." or words to that effect.

I would have liked to have met the mother fucker who could "bully" Sean Taylor. LOL! Yeah, i'd have paid $$ to watch that with a bag of popcorn.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

The thing I have a hard time understanding is that if Incognito was really this hardcore racist then why did other black player's in the locker room come to his defense? Like Mike Wallace, Cameron Wake, and Will Davis even going as far as calling him one of the most popular in the locker room.

My guess was some event by Martin triggered something and Incognito probably left a couple drunk voicemails and texts (which by no means excuses the actions).

You should have seen what Martin was wearing. Asking for it.
  • HuskyJW said:

I agree, but this is not any other job or business. It's athletics. It's different. And this isn't just athletics, it's football, the most violent sport of them all. Save the hockey comparison for someone more open-minded than I am. Even James said in a now famous interview, when addressing a run-up in campus "incidents" involving his "student athletes", and I paraphrase, you are recruiting a different kind of kid ... you're looking for, in many instances, a kid with a wild hair up his ass. You're looking for killers. And you are.

This is pro football. Any 300+ lb. offensive lineman who can be bullied is not an offensive lineman I want to pay millions of dollars to play. Do you think Gogan or Kreutz or Garcia or Kennedy or Malamala could have been "bullied" as rookies? I don't. I think they would have done what they needed to do under whatever hazing tradition they were dealing with, and if/when it crossed their line, they would have stood on the line and said, "fuck you you overrated roided up Nebraska piece of shit. come get your $ you faggot mother fucker." or words to that effect.

I would have liked to have met the mother fucker who could "bully" Sean Taylor. LOL! Yeah, i'd have paid $$ to watch that with a bag of popcorn.
    In fact when Kreutz was a freshman he kicked the shit out of Suki Wiggs who was an NFL upperclassman on the roster. I'm not saying what Kreutz did was right and I was pissed because Wiggs was supposed to be a key player for us.

However, I knew that Kreutz was going to be a stud OL for us. If Miami were to panic and release Incognito I would be hoping the Seahawks would sign him. I know in Seattle if he tried that shit Pete would get rid of his ass and I 'd like to think the players that Pete brings in wouldn't back down either.

I remember a famous saying in football you want 80% of your roster to be good normal run of the mill guys, 10% to be outstanding people who are really smart, and the other 10% to be criminals/thugs. The key is that the 80% makes sure that the 10% on each side never interact with each other.

You need these type of guys on your roster as fucked up as it is.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

HuskyJW said:

In fact when Kreutz was a freshman he kicked the shit out of Suki Wiggs who was an NFL upperclassman on the roster. I'm not saying what Kreutz did was right and I was pissed because Wiggs was supposed to be a key player for us.

However, I knew that Kreutz was going to be a stud OL for us. If Miami were to panic and release Incognito I would be hoping the Seahawks would sign him. I know in Seattle if he tried that shit Pete would get rid of his ass and I 'd like to think the players that Pete brings in wouldn't back down either.

I remember a famous saying in football you want 80% of your roster to be good normal run of the mill guys, 10% to be outstanding people who are really smart, and the other 10% to be criminals/thugs. The key is that the 80% makes sure that the 10% on each side never interact with each other.

Yeah, that would go over real well in Seattle, the PC capitol of the universe.

Speaking of Martin the guy is such a pussy at OL you'd think he would have played for the Huskies.
  • HuskyJW said:

Speaking of Martin the guy is such a pussy at OL you'd think he would have played for the Huskies.
    Pete Carroll doesn't exactly give a fuck. That is why he wins because he isn't trying to appeal to the loser city mindset in this town.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    If you're gonna bad mouth Juan Garcia, I'm fucking out of here!
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

I think both should go. Martin will never earn respect in that locker room and will always be seen as soft. Incognito needs to go because he is a ringleader of a fucked up culture. Fucking with someone to the brink of suicide is psychopathic. Get rid of both, and possibly the coach and GM and start fresh.

HWNSNBS and Thad Turner are available. The could build Miami the right way.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

HuskyJW said:

Pete Carroll doesn't exactly give a fuck. That is why he wins because he isn't trying to appeal to the loser city mindset in this town.
    Have you listened to one of Pete's press conferences? He is a dick to the media, always being a smartass when asked stupid questions. It is hilarious.
  • HuskyJW said:

Have you listened to one of Pete's press conferences? He is a dick to the media, always being a smartass when asked stupid questions. It is hilarious.
    I actually do. I liked yesterday's when he was sarcastic to a stupid question then acknowledged he was sarcastic to a stupid question.

I think that is why when he was going 7-9 back to back years I think our media was actually riding him. He was the only coach in this loser town to actually get criticized.

Like we said our media only cares if you give them access not if they can coach or not.
    edited November 2013

HuskyJW said:

Fuck Kruetz. He did far more harm than good. He seemed to get flagged for a personal foul for every good thing he did. Not a leader and the team he was on under achieved. If he DIAFF I would pop a cork. Piece of mother fucking shit.

And by the way Wiggs was not a real NFL prospect.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Get that faggoty shit ($75k) out of here.
    He should go incognito
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Get that faggoty shit ($75k) out of here.
    Harv would have a lot of fun with this doog
  • HuskyJW said:

Fuck Kruetz. He did far more harm than good. He seemed to get flagged for a personal foul for every good thing he did. Not a leader and the team he was on under achieved. If he DIAFF I would pop a cork. Piece of mother fucking shit.

And by the way Wiggs was not a real NFL prospect.
    I'm not going to pin the underachieving on Kreutz though. Had James or even Rick been his head coach he would have been a Rose Bowl champion. That falls on Lambo.

This program could use a couple of Kruetz as they haven't had anyone with an attitude in a long time.