Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake Da Gawd

2»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Some of you fucktards need to take some reading comprehension ...

1) I’m very happy that Lake landed Gordon ... tremendous get

2) My point on Lake was that IF Gordon went to ND (far from a far fetched idea) and if Hampton didn’t sign early (which was rumored), then one would have to ask some hard questions.

3) what has played out is IDEAL at this point ... although we do need another 1-2 more guys back there in this class

Dude you said it multiple times for months, many times without those caveats.

Just admit you were paranoid and produced one of the worst takes in the history of these boards and move on.
    Paranoid? Wrong. Never paranoid.

There was definitely a non zero chance that disaster could have happened.

As I said 7-10 days ago when Gordon was in South Bend and started talking about the possibility that Lake was potentially facing challenges in this class ... I was hoping that I’m wrong. Unlike many of the fucktards around here I’m perfectly happy to be proven wrong.

I would love Lake to be here forever ... I also am realistic enough to know that isn’t likely. Whatever that transition eventually looks like I’m hoping that we manage that transition well and don’t have a lackluster class at some point as a result.

lol

Great. Everyone's happy then.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

FUCK OFF @dnc

I never said that we should fire Lake ... I said that it’s possible that a world could exist where he has been compromised and as such it could force difficult discussions and decisions to potentially mitigate in the future.

It’s why there are others than myself that have suggested that having a potential replacement for Lake on staff (ie Gerald Alexander) could help to mitigate some of the negative recruiting that Lake was facing.

Thinking forward regarding potential risks and opportunities is flat out smart. Sitting back with the logic that Jimmy Lake is a god and I’m going to stick my head in the sand to what’s potentially going is purely reactionary.

Why do you think we made such a big public deal about Lake staying? Purely random I’m sure.

Now that you put it that way. It all makes sense.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017
    Tequilla said:

FUCK OFF @dnc

I never said that we should fire Lake ... I said that it’s possible that a world could exist where he has been compromised and as such it could force difficult discussions and decisions to potentially mitigate in the future.

It’s why there are others than myself that have suggested that having a potential replacement for Lake on staff (ie Gerald Alexander) could help to mitigate some of the negative recruiting that Lake was facing.

Thinking forward regarding potential risks and opportunities is flat out smart. Sitting back with the logic that Jimmy Lake is a god and I’m going to stick my head in the sand to what’s potentially going is purely reactionary.

Why do you think we made such a big public deal about Lake staying? Purely random I’m sure.

Chinned for the ridiculousness of it all.

It was paranoia, plain and simple

Arguing we should add a future potential replacement because he won't stay here forever (he won't) is light years from saying we'd be better off without him on staff.

And saying we'd be better off without him on staff is calling for him to be fired, just in different words.

hth
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I can guarantee you that there’s nothing tied to the UW program that makes me paranoid
  • Options
    YouNeed2ChillYouNeed2Chill Member Posts: 57
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

I can guarantee you that there’s nothing tied to the UW program that makes me paranoid

Do rec league soccer games make you paranoid?
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    im high af and fucking dying reading teq's increasingly deranged posts.

i swear to god what is this
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    doogville said:

im high af and fucking dying reading teq's increasingly deranged posts.

i swear to god what is this

High AF explains it all
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequila be like

DNC be like

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Teq take your yucks laugh it off and move on bud. Happy holidays.