Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yeah like I really care how many stars they have

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,429
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Well, unlike Pete I kind of do. But the reason for this post is that all this great news today actually moved us down on the ESPN rankings and back behind Oregon. You mean recruiting rankings ha ha ha:

Yes I do.

In other news is Kirby Smart the next big thing? Was he Saban's ace in the hole for recruiting? Georgia and Ohio State neck and neck.

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,348
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think recruiting is where ESPN bias for the SEC and Urban's cock is most obvious

But the SEC Network is being innovative and drawing viewers with a recruiting special today so ESPN is going to feed their own

Guess which innovative network is NOT covering recruiting and told ESPN to fuck off we can do it alone?

OutTV?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Stars matter in aggregate especially. Your star averages are generally pretty important. No single kid's ranking means much, but in aggregate it's a good look into who is getting what.

It also tells you what 'area' you're recruiting in. If you are getting a bunch of 4-star guys, and some guys are rated 4 and 5 by different services (I believe Sirmon, Kaho and Spiker are all 5-stars somewhere at this point) you know you are getting guys that are at the elite level.

It's unlikely the 3-stars of a class are as good for a 3.00 star average class than a 3.85 star-average class. Because our coaches don't really pay attention to that, it just shows you the kind of pool they're recruiting in.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2017

Nothing better than a top shelf pool.

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think recruiting is where ESPN bias for the SEC and Urban's cock is most obvious

But the SEC Network is being innovative and drawing viewers with a recruiting special today so ESPN is going to feed their own

Guess which innovative network is NOT covering recruiting and told ESPN to fuck off we can do it alone?

but that just means Larry's got the TV market for Olympic sports repeats all to himself today.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I too like some stars. I want a little sizzle with my steak. It is fun to look back at past recruiting classes and see where those high numbered stars guys are now.