Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great picture of Charlie Parker

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
I'll await the invariable comments from DDY and Boobs downvote

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

I'll await the invariable comments from DDY and Boobs downvote

Those guys pioneered shooting up and dying young
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

I'm reading Miles Davis' autobiography right now for the second time
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Marvin Gaye song "What's Goin' On"...

Marvin comes up with it after midnight, needs legendary Motown bassist James Jamerson to record it immediately

They find Jamerson boiled as an owl in a local bar, somehow get him to studio

Jamerson too drunk and whatever else to sit on stool / chair to play - Jamerson records bass part lying on his back on the floor

Jazz Recommendation: Eric Dolphy....especially on bass clarinet, "Out To Lunch" is a cool album
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    tenndawg said:

Marvin comes up with it after midnight, needs legendary Motown bassist James Jamerson to record it immediately

Jamerson too drunk and whatever else to sit on stool / chair to play - Jamerson records bass part lying on his back on the floor

Jazz Recommendation: Eric Dolphy....especially on bass clarinet, "Out To Lunch" is a cool album

I've never liked Dolphy's sound for whatever reason

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    No comments on the retarded white kids in the crowd?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    pretty sure it was Too Soon for the white girl to start blowing his horn while he’s blowing his horn, in Public.

No comments on the retarded white kids in the crowd?

I'm waiting on @Dennis_DeYoung to chime in
    tenndawg said:

Jamerson didn't take very good care of his instruments apparently.

tenndawg said:

When I went to Maryland, (Go Terps !!!) Howard University had a jazz station that I had on 24 / 7 for months...

Got to where I really liked the furthest out most unpredictable avante garde free form stuff - almost all rock sounded like formulalistic math to me - only folks like Coltrane, Rollins, Ornette Coleman and Eric Dolphy were really free...

I still dream of being a heroin addict jazz musician in Amsterdam...

But look at me now, sober and hoping for pix of Polynesian teens - what a loser fag I've truly becum
    tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

When I went to Maryland, (Go Terps !!!) Howard University had a jazz station that I had on 24 / 7 for months...

Got to where I really liked the furthest out most unpredictable avante garde free form stuff - almost all rock sounded like formulalistic math to me - only folks like Coltrane, Rollins, Ornette Coleman and Eric Dolphy were really free...

But look at me now, sober and hoping for pix of Polynesian teens - what a loser fag I've truly becum
    Only $69.98 to get the best sounding reissue of Out To Lunch! Good thing I'm not rich.

tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

For the life of me I cannot understand Coleman (Ornette, not Lavon)

tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

For the life of me I cannot understand Coleman (Ornette, not Lavon)
    Remember an interview where he said something like "I try to play the instrument as if I'd never seen it before"

It went well with Zen and hallucinogenics back in the day...bwonk, squonk, eeep sounds really meaningful when you have ingested the proper substances and loathe modern society...
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

I can meet you in Vantage with a 40 of Olde English, a bag of meth and a boombox with a cassette of Manhattan Transfer.

tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

I can meet you in Vantage with a 40 of Olde English, a bag of meth and a boombox with a cassette of Manhattan Transfer Mannheim Steamroller.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter

tenndawg said:

tenndawg said:

I can meet you in Vantage with a 40 of Olde English, a bag of meth and a boombox with a cassette of Manhattan Transfer Mannheim Steamroller.

With enough OE and meth, you won't know or care about the difference.