Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stacking Classes, Building Depth

13»

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Meek said:

Meek said:

Eason?

Eason.
    is there actually anything to that rumor?
    I dunno. I think so, but I’m a moron.
    Saw HuskyFanPodcast tweet it was a done deal. @jecornel what’s the word on Eason.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Salvon makes running back an A+ rather easily.

When you make Mcgrew look shitty you know it's legit.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The RB depth might not be perfect after Salvon, but it's something you can practically fix in one class if you recruit well enough. RBs can come in and produce right away.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,003
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I think McGrew is just shitty regardless
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2017

One of the big keys to me is always looking into recruiting across two cycles, since those are the guys most likely to play with each other.

If we look at what we are getting over two years so far, it's really nice.

EDGE: D
    2017: Tryon
    2018:

THE REST OF THE WAY:
    You can see pretty easily that life will improve a lot with maybe one more DT, an EDGE guy and a couple more DBs. Maybe an OL. If we get quality there, we are going to be in the B and up category pretty much everywhere.

NEXT YEAR:
    At Edge we have always sucked and we will always suck until Coach K stops trying to talk fishing with Kayvon Thibideaux.

Zero faith in Amandre Williams and Justis Warren? :-)
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780

Doogles said:

I think McGrew is just miniturized regardless
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Culp is the answer at BUCK.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,957
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Think you need to break up DB into CB and S...CB recruiting has been fine (Taylor was playing CB, Molden was CB/slot, Hampton is CB, hopefully Gordon will be CB/slot), but if we don't get Irvin (and I think even they said we was being looked at as a CB) the only true S we've recruited the last 2 years will be McKinney. Considering we are losing Turner this year and JoJo and possibly Rapp next year that makes it a pretty thin position.

No clue who the 2019 options will be there but I would think it would be a priority for the coaches.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Think you need to break up DB into CB and S...CB recruiting has been fine (Taylor was playing CB, Molden was CB/slot, Hampton is CB, hopefully Gordon will be CB/slot), but if we don't get Irvin (and I think even they said we was being looked at as a CB) the only true S we've recruited the last 2 years will be McKinney. Considering we are losing Turner this year and JoJo and possibly Rapp next year that makes it a pretty thin position.

No clue who the 2019 options will be there but I would think it would be a priority for the coaches.

Kent Love moved to Safety and so did Gilchrist.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,957
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Kent Love moved to Safety and so did Gilchrist.
    Um...check the title/scope of the thread. Hopefully both will be decent, although it doesn't say much that McKinney came in and immediately jumped them in the depth chart.