Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stacking Classes, Building Depth

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Stop bashing Kawasaki
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    DB way too low. It's a B at worst. Otherwise good chit.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    whlinder said:

I'm no professional TBSer, or even an amateur one, but the "stacking classes" concept makes a lot of sense to me, and if the upcoming instate classes are as good as Cokehead insists they are, stacking those on top of this class and the previous class begins to give me a nice little sweatpants boner.

T's and P's.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    dnc said:

DB way too low. It's a B at worst. Otherwise good chit.

We’ll know on Weds.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Otton is the next great white TE for us. Will maul people when he is blocking and be a good safety valve for the QB.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Otton is the next great white TE for us. Will maul people when he is blocking and be a good safety valve for the QB.

I’m not sure if he will be big/strong enough. I would lean towards yes because most kid’s with his football lineage are obsessed.

That said, Kizer has already dabbled as a WTE. Bryant was already out 2nd best WR, and Culp could be 6’6” 255 with both WTE and BTE skills.
  • purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    edited December 2017
    Good shit DDY. Stacking the '17 and '18 classes looks like a good step in the right direction to loading the roster with the elite talent needed for title runs in a couple years.

But when looking at the '16 and '17 OL and DL classes stacked together its an utter cluster fuck failure of epic proportions. Due to Nick Harris playing as a true frosh that means Twattenburg is the only OL in the '16 graduating class and Levi O. is the only DL in that class as well. Combine that with the '17 Malloe shitshow DL recruiting of ZERO recruits and only taking 3 OL with 2 being potential JAG's (Kirkland & Norgaard) we could be in real trouble in two or three years. The shit line recruiting equals out to only having 5 fucking OL/DL who are upperclassman in '20. That's assuming zero attrition which is very generous. It really worries me that we're going to have to rely heavily on sophomores and freshman for OL and DL play. How the fuck did CP and staff let this happen?

I guess what I'm saying is if we don't bring in some quality JC lineman help (unlikely with this staff) or elite high 4-star or 5-star OL/DL in the next two classes then we fucked. We can bring in all the stud WR, RB, CB, etc. players we want but if we don't have the hosses at the LOS we'll get pushed around like we did against Bama and USC all over again. Like I said I still can't believe CP allowed us to have a fucking crater sized hole in the OL and DL when we're trying to make runs at the CFP.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

BallzDeep said:

I’m going to make a drunken, bold Pumpy prediction that Otton moves to D. Throw him in the mix at Buck/Sam.

He probably won’t tho because he’s likely a more willing blocker than Bryant and he will certainly be a better one than Culp will initially be.

Since I hedged my bet, I’ll be right either way.

Just what we need. Another white guy trying to rush the QB. Should we move our slowest offensive line recruit MJ Ale to DT as well?
    Sarksure.gif
    shane brosteck lol
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    when old man winter is getting involved in recruiting talk, you know someone struck a nerve.