Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Getting over the hump...

What buttfuck...

Actually, I have a serious question for you guys. It looks like Gordon, a guy who is in our own backyard, is going elsewhere and I don’t think anyone can figure out why (unless your TequilaFS that believes the Jimmy Lake theory). We? Literally had every fucking advantage with a guy like Togiai (close proximity, Pete was at Boise forever/had relationships built, and Pete also played a huge role in his recruitment from my understanding). Won’t get Rusty Trombone (going to USC), Irving (probably to “we haven’t done shit in a decade” ND), or Gayho (Bama).

Fucking why? Pete is a great coach and the UW program has a great trajectory. The coaching staff develops kids and puts them into the NFL. World class education.

How the fuck, as @Dennis_DeYoung so eloquently puts it, can we? not “SELL THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF IT”? I get that teen bois are fucking stupid, but for fucks sake, how can we? be so bad at closing?

Tiny violin? Malloe is a true DWAG?

Comments

• Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So how do we? get passed that? Aside from coffee cups, is it possible?
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The recruiting philosophy seems a bit off considering the staff
    that are trying to implement it. We have all seen the trend the
    last couple of years that show a weakness towards the tail end of
    recruiting season. Yet our philosophy is to overall offer a smallish
    number of athletes. If you're not great at closing and you offer a
    small number of players, doesn't it stand to reason that results
    would be sketchy for committing the top talent? Either hire better
    closers on staff or offer more bodies in the recruiting process to boost
    your possible percentage of closing. One or the other seems obvious
    to me. What am I missing?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

MickeyGougingOutEyes.gif
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    First question, does Longo fuck? Second question, how does UW change their branding per se? Is it strengthening the OOC schedule? In my lame opinion, we are one great QB, over the last two years, away from getting there. Maybe I am dooging, but if Browning isn’t flailing around like a fucking ballerina, maybe these kids see what’s growing up here. The last thing I will say is UW needs more rhino cum.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

tvoie said:

First question, does Longo fuck? Second question, how does UW change their branding per se? Is it strengthening the OOC schedule? In my lame opinion, we are one great QB, over the last two years, away from getting there. Maybe I am dooging, but if Browning isn’t flailing around like a fucking ballerina, maybe these kids see what’s growing up here. The last thing I will say is UW needs more rhino cum.

1) Longo fucks hard. That dude is stone cold.

2) I could write about this forever, but how about 'have a brand'?

3) OOC schedule is not a big deal. We're not fucking Kansas State.

4) Yeah, if we get Eason, Sirmon and Yankoff in the room this spring we are getting a lot closer.

5) I think our Rhino cum levels are good. I just think our recruits are not. You can only rhino cum BBK out so far. You get Reuben Foster and you're just working with different ingredients. Tafisi, Kaho and Sirmon would be a really good start there.
    WTF incoming from tits in 3,2,1....
    He wants to Yankoff by himself
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Recruiting is a process and this year's class will be better than last year's class ... which was better than the prior class ... rinse, later and repeat.

As mentioned, Longo can recruit. If you need proof see getting Corral to an Ole Miss program that is going to be in the proverbial shitter for the next 2 years minimum. .

I suspect that Kane Iaone is a guy that fucks ... hell, he's got a podcast so he's off to a good start.

If you buy that Boner is out and Longo is in ... you basically have an offensive staff (sans Paopao) that can recruit their ass off.

Defensively, Malloe at best is a quantity over quality guy. Gregory just hasn't shown that he can recruit well (who is leading the Kaho recruitment?). Lake's obviously a BOSS but for whatever reason has had a down year recruiting this year (at least to date).

I expect that we'll get Iaone on staff next year and that will help some. But if you concede that Kwiatkowski isn't a guy that you are going to depend on for recruiting (which is fair at this point), then there has to be an upgrade over time to get upgrades over Malloe and Gregory in terms of bringing in talent.

When you break it down, the program is still moving in the right direction and isn't that far away. There are some upgrades that need to be made. I can definitely see with Gregory valuing his coaching knowledge and that being an area where you may save him because of that. Malloe doesn't have that behind him.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make a move in the offseason on Malloe and/or Gregory.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whuggy said:

Offering and focusing on a small number of kids is a big factor in our success closing kids early that buy into our message.

As for getting shut out at the end of the cycle...it doesn't matter how many chicks we approach if we can't close vs Bruce Wayne.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I suspect that Kane Iaone is a guy that fucks ... hell, he's got a podcast so he's off to a good start.

A shame you can’t say the same.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

A shame you can’t say the same.
    By choice ... don’t have the time to commit to it
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

JECAR said:

What buttfuck...

Actually, I have a serious question for you guys. It looks like Gordon, a guy who is in our own backyard, is going elsewhere and I don’t think anyone can figure out why (unless your TequilaFS that believes the Jimmy Lake theory). We? Literally had every fucking advantage with a guy like Togiai (close proximity, Pete was at Boise forever/had relationships built, and Pete also played a huge role in his recruitment from my understanding). Won’t get Rusty Trombone (going to USC), Irving (probably to “we haven’t done shit in a decade” ND), or Gayho (Bama).

Fucking why? Pete is a great coach and the UW program has a great trajectory. The coaching staff develops kids and puts them into the NFL. World class education.

How the fuck, as @Dennis_DeYoung so eloquently puts it, can we? not “SELL THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF IT”? I get that teen bois are fucking stupid, but for fucks sake, how can we? be so bad at closing?

Tiny violin? Malloe is a true DWAG?

Disagree
    You only point out the times I’m wrong!

What about the time I got banned for 30 days because I called for the death of Jak....never mind.