Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Targeting Rules are Bull Shit...

Direct fatality averages in football

Number/year Period
18.6 1931-1970
9.5 1971–1990
4.2 1991-2007

Like so many other things, the fucktards are creating a crisis where none exists.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    It's all about preventing future lawsuits. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

They go too far and seem to error on the side of caution in an extreme way - flag and fine for incidental contact and hits that clearly weren't directed at the head or neck. That's what is taking away from the game.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    My favorite is they can eject a player and review the call. If it was not illegal then he can remain in the game. But the penalty stands?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2013
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the decreasing death/year is due to advancement in medicine/equipment. You need a lesson in causation.

I don't have a problem with them trying to prevent helmet to helmet collisions. Have you read any literature on CTE? Scary stuff.

Football can still be a violent game. Just don't use your helmet/target the helmet when playing it.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Steve Berman (Seattle) already made another killing on the NFL suit. He'd sell his mother for a big settlement and a headline.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    This guy is the reason why REAL God gave us HarveyRoad. Time to let Harv off his leash and trim the fat.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

the decreasing death/year is due to advancement in medicine/equipment. You need a lesson in causation.

I don't have a problem with them trying to prevent helmet to helmet collisions. Have you read any literature on CTE? Scary stuff.

Football can still be a violent game. Just don't use your helmet/target the helmet when playing it.

It moves too fast to completely avoid all helmet to helmet collision, but for the most part, I agree.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    launching and spearing they could regulate actually. all this throw the flag if it is close BS is ruining the game though.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I would say they are mounting problems for football in general. Like roaddawg has said watching football is out of habit now. That is what it feels like for me. Its a passing game now, Stacy was the only 100 yard rusher last week. Reviews are horrific, commercials, pink merchandise. I know I am a debby downer on this, but the game just isn't what it used to be. I could go on and on about other shit. Salaries are insane. A guy like Harvin gets all that cash and who knows if he will play...ever..
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    The defenseless receiver calls are bullshit too, god forbid you tackle the guy with the ball.

10 years from now its going to be flag football.

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    it's in vogue now to crack down on head injuries. I like the targeting calls if they are justified, eg., a receiver is at times "defenseless" as is a QB. It has to be FLAGRANT, though. The problem I have is that some players are thrown out, but they were only going for a hard hit.

You can't flag every helmet to helmet hit because they happen on every play. You wouldn't even be able to field a punt return team if every helmet to helmet hit was a penalty. Saying "helmet to helmet" hit is a danger is a sign you never played organized football -- that's half of the contact right there.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    What about the helmet to helmet contact between the linemen that occurs on every single play?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    dnc said:

This guy is the reason why REAL God gave us HarveyRoad. Time to let Harv off his leash and trim the fat.

What makes you think HarveyRoad wants to come back? Roaming the streets in east Auburn for an extended period is a compelling alternative to discussing Husky "football"
  • dnc said:

What makes you think HarveyRoad wants to come back? Roaming the streets in east Auburn for an extended period is a compelling alternative to discussing Husky "football"
    Check his twitter for two seconds and you'd see he wants to come back.

dnc said:

Because he's obsessed with us.

hth

edited November 2013

dnc said:

Check his twitter for two seconds and you'd see he wants to come back.
    Why does Harv follow Phish like a 13 year old girl follows Justin Bieber? Seems pretty gay to me.

Because jam bands make his peepee tingle like MonaLisaOverdrive on Ginafarm.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Direct fatality averages in football

Number/year Period
    18.6 1931-1970
    9.5 1971–1990
    4.2 1991-2007

Like so many other things, the fucktards are creating a crisis where none exists.

Brain damage from concussions is the new death. The solution if head-hunting penalties cramp your style and football enjoyment........ would be to get rid of lightweight alloy helmets and facemasks. Believe it or not, I played a season of freshman high school football without facemasks. It was our very first year of tackle football and although it was great fun as expected, most learned valuable leasons from broken or bruised noses, especially the very bloody ones, about proper methods for tackling and blocking.

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    This thread kinda delivers