Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Lake is Hurting UW Theory - STOp

13»

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,596
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

NO ONE WANTS JIMMY TO LEAVE AND NO ONE WANTS TO FIRE HIM.

Apparently you missed this which is strange since he called for your help right after poasting:
    Tequilla said:

I'm moving this guy off the commit list because he's said he doesn't plan to sign on D20 and is still 'seeing what else is out there'.

If he reaffirms on D15, then he'll go back on. But right now he's not a commit in the sense we are used to.

...it’s almost impossible to conclude that if Hampton backs out and Gordon doesn’t come that that’s as much proof as you need to conclude that Lake is essentially damaged goods for UW because EVERYBODY knows he has greater ambitions. Who would have ever thought this 24 months ago, but it’s quite possible that we may be better off without Lake sooner than later
    That’s a Tequilla way of saying Lake should be GONE.
    No ... that’s my way of saying that we have a shit class in place at present and that it’s quite possible that this could extend into next year.

I don’t care how good of a coach you are if you can’t get high end recruits in place to coach up.

My comment was more to the effect that Pete’s got some difficult decisions to potentially make going forward.

And moreover, what Dennis laid out in terms of multi-variable thinking is exactly the direction that I was going.
    I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for you.

Malloe is a Dawg he bled on the field in Husky Stadium and you fucking manlet are gonna shit on for some stiff from Idaho. FoH.

Here is me not giving two fcks what you thing is smart or dumb.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

First of all - did you see Cal’s DB’s this year? They were massively improved.

Reminded me of what happened to Tru when Heyward came.

Second NO ONE WANTS JIMMY TO LEAVE AND NO ONE WANTS TO FIRE HIM.

Fuck man. This is straight up Doog shit.

I love the idea of Alexander being hired as the 10th coach and coaching OLBs or something, but we aren’t hiring him to coach DBs as well.

We already have a GA that everyone loves named Terrence Brown. We don’t need an extra DB coach and we aren’t going to neuter Jimmy by LESSENING his role.

I just don’t see us hiring Alexander until Lake leaves. Sadly.

I don’t have the numbers in front of me at the moment, but the numbers definitely back up that Alexander had an impact. If you watched Cal games you saw a lot of similarities between what our DBs do and what they were doing
  • Options
    This idea or logic that maybe Lake more or less mailed it in this year on the recruiting trail is one of the most FS things I’ve ever seen on this board
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

This whole thing is fucking stupid.

Why can't anyone on fucking earth process more than one fucking variable at a time.

KREIST.

In my case it's because I am sort of dumb. I can't speak for the rest of these dicklords, but I imagine it's the same.
    This. I'll let you speak on my behalf from now on.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,723
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Apparently you missed this which is strange since he called for your help right after poasting:
    Tequilla said:

I'm moving this guy off the commit list because he's said he doesn't plan to sign on D20 and is still 'seeing what else is out there'.

If he reaffirms on D15, then he'll go back on. But right now he's not a commit in the sense we are used to.

...it’s almost impossible to conclude that if Hampton backs out and Gordon doesn’t come that that’s as much proof as you need to conclude that Lake is essentially damaged goods for UW because EVERYBODY knows he has greater ambitions. Who would have ever thought this 24 months ago, but it’s quite possible that we may be better off without Lake sooner than later
    No ... that’s my way of saying that we have a shit class in place at present and that it’s quite possible that this could extend into next year.

I don’t care how good of a coach you are if you can’t get high end recruits in place to coach up.

My comment was more to the effect that Pete’s got some difficult decisions to potentially make going forward.

And moreover, what Dennis laid out in terms of multi-variable thinking is exactly the direction that I was going.
    I don’t know where my first reply attempt went but here goes again...

Saying anything is possible and CP might potentially have to make a difficult decision to make is meaningless. It is Eklund-style hedging in TL;DR fashion.

Every real world problem has multiple variables. Put in some values and come to a fucking conclusion.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,072
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Saying anything is possible and CP might potentially have to make a difficult decision to make is meaningless. It is Eklund-style hedging in TL;DR fashion.

Every real world problem has multiple variables. Put in some values and come to a fucking conclusion.
    Let me help

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    My conclusion is we are probably better off with Gerald Alexander than Jimmy Lake for 2018-2019, but it's tough to say that because Lake is so good and I personally love him.

It's funny that people here said 'THE HEAD COACH IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS' for so long. I think that's primarily true (partially because he picks the coaches and partially because he sets the entire culture). I think Lake's success is due in no small part to tutelage under Pete. I suspect Alexander would have similar results.

He knows our system, is a dynamic recruiter and truly loves Pete.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Let me help

Always about n's with you...
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

My conclusion is we are probably better off with Gerald Alexander than Jimmy Lake for 2018-2019, but it's tough to say that because Lake is so good and I personally love him.

It's funny that people here said 'THE HEAD COACH IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS' for so long. I think that's primarily true (partially because he picks the coaches and partially because he sets the entire culture). I think Lake's success is due in no small part to tutelage under Pete. I suspect Alexander would have similar results.

He knows our system, is a dynamic recruiter and truly loves Pete.

We? still carry a lot of our loser mentality. The head coach is the only thing that matters is true if the head coach is a fucking idiot loser like the guys that preceded Pete. Fire this DC or OC and we'll be great again!!!!!!!!

Now we have the head coach. That doesn't mean he is a genius or infallible because he's a football coach, not a rocket scientist or Pope. Most great coaches are what we used to cal idiot savants before we had to stop using terms like that. They are great at what they do and they spend 18 hours a day doing it.

There's a reason for the "I would have fired Don James" mantra. You don't get comfortable and start praising everything they do just because they won a Rose Bowl.

James did have the ability to change course and adapt but it took him a large portion of sucking in the 80's to do it.

I think Petersen can far exceed what James did here. I think he can be a better coach than James was. But he needs to adapt, the school needs to get their head out of their ass and we need to keep talking shit and putting all the pressure a dozen poster and their alts can.

All of sudden the AD gets a pass because she has tits and we lost to Bama. The league sucks and our AD needs to get the rest of the ADs to send Larry back to China.

There is a lot of work to do. I don't want James' 70% winning percentage. I want Pete to win 90% here like he did at Boise.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

And when I do that it’s called out as TL, DR

When you realize that it’s not the point that you hate but the messenger of the point ... then you can stop trying to suggest my opinions are akin to one’s Ektard would make ... that’s a fucking pathetic take by you