Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tim DeRuyter won last night (AGAIN)

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
18-4 total head coaching record and 12-1 in conference yet he took over a 4-9 team from Pat Hill after 2011. What's not to like other than a less than ideal sample size of games? Do we need to let him coach 59 games to understand he is actually a very good coach and doesn't suck like our current one?

Comments

• chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    DeRuyter would be great. But he is likely the top target of many programs.

Anyways, it's all moot. Sark wins 2 of the next 3 (I could see him going 3 for 3, UCLA is beat up) and waltzes into a 6th year. Which will start with 4 straight wins and a contract extension.

Sigh...
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    If I bet money on it, I would do a 3 team parlay taking Washington to win in the first game, and then UCLA to win at home, followed by OSU to win at home.

Jordon James (UCLA's best RB) worked his way back to playing again and should get more carries next week. Hundley's knee looked better and won't their OL get healthier and/or more experienced in the next two weeks?

@ OSU is our best bet though I'm concerned Riley will figure out he needs to run a little more so that teams don't pin their ears back so often against him...Stanford and USC do have very good pass-rushes though and we still have trouble rushing the passer against better than average teams.

As for DeRuyter, would USC or Texas go after him? I don't really see either but maybe...wouldn't they go after Chris Petersen first if USC doesn't keep Orgeron and Texas doesn't keep Brown (or doesn't bring Muschamp back, who is better than he's done so far this year).
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    HFNY said:

If I bet money on it, I would do a 3 team parlay taking Washington to win in the first game, and then UCLA to win at home, followed by OSU to win at home.

Jordon James (UCLA's best RB) worked his way back to playing again and should get more carries next week. Hundley's knee looked better and won't their OL get healthier and/or more experienced in the next two weeks?

@ OSU is our best bet though I'm concerned Riley will figure out he needs to run a little more so that teams don't pin their ears back so often against him...Stanford and USC do have very good pass-rushes though and we still have trouble rushing the passer against better than average teams.

As for DeRuyter, would USC or Texas go after him? I don't really see either but maybe...wouldn't they go after Chris Petersen first if USC doesn't keep Orgeron and Texas doesn't keep Brown (or doesn't bring Muschamp back, who is better than he's done so far this year).

Based on what? I'm not seeing a well coached team when I watch Florida. Even last year, I didn't see a well coached team. Texas fans would lose their minds if they brought Muschamp back after his struggles at Florida.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

Kim thinks he's another Pat Hill.

Given Kim's track record that means DuRuyter will win a bcs game by 2015.

Kim's so pussy whipped right now he'd claim that Vince Lombardi is Pat Hill.
    "Lombardi has never recruited and he's a Midwest guy. If Lombardi gets another call from the NFL, he's gone. You want a guy here who will only be here a couple of years? Plus, his wife is an alcoholic. The other coaches will mention that in recruiting, and it will scare kids away. How is he any better than Sark?"

Plus I hear he's rubbing people the wrong way in Green Bay.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    RoadDawg55, you are probably right on 2nd thought. His team looked sloppier than it should when I was watching and I'm sure you have watched him more than me (not all that much on my part).

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I don't know if DeRuyter is the guy but he's definitely in the top 3. He would be a huge improvement over Sark.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

Kim thinks he's another Pat Hill.

Given Kim's track record that means DuRuyter will win a bcs game by 2015.

Kim's so pussy whipped right now he'd claim that Vince Lombardi is Pat Hill.
    Apparently Lombardi (and Landry) lost the job to Owens who had a kick ass interview (some things never change). #WDWTA

2008_Coaching_Search_Rewind_Opportunity_Lost
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    But did he win the "right way"?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    "The forced resignation of Tyrone Willingham."

He couldn't even call it a firing.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    He is winning with pat hills guys. I am hearing he will implode any moment.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    One big time coach who spoke with Turner about the Washington job last time it was open was turned off by the conversation and commented that he thought Turner was weird.

lol
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    TommySQC said:

One big time coach who spoke with Turner about the Washington job last time it was open was turned off by the conversation and commented that he thought Turner was weird.

lol

Urban Meyer
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Is he willing to play anyone, anywhere, anytime?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    TommySQC said:

lol

Probably because Douchehelmet talked about the student experience being more important than winning ...

The coach, who was a winner is like ... da fuck?