Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Uranium is leaving the country

SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
For all the doubters. Who's in bed with the Russians? Who donated huge sums to the Clinton foundation?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/12/top-senator-expands-probe-into-obama-era-uranium-one-deal-says-was-misled.html

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

The argument that Russia went to all the effort to bribe and payoff their way into that deal when they could never use the uranium was always laughable and obvious bullshit. That's why hondo believed it.

The problem the democrats have is that a lot of the country isn't as dumb as their voters.

Deserves its own forum
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    edited December 2017

The argument that Russia went to all the effort to bribe and payoff their way into that deal when they could never use the uranium was always laughable and obvious bullshit. That's why hondo believed it.

The problem the democrats have is that a lot of the country isn't as dumb as their voters.

Deserves its own forum
    Why aren't you at Roy Moore's victory party?

Hey, I see what you did there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Who fucking cares? Uranium is for fags. Give me a plutonium based device any day of the week. Fat Man > Little Boy.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Who fucking cares? Uranium is for fags. Give me a plutonium based device any day of the week. Fat Man > Little Boy.

Uranium superiority guy.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club

Plutonium is made from Uranium.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Seems like Trump + Rick Perry could be doing something about this.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club

They have different numbers on the element chart.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    edited December 2017

They have different numbers on the element chart.
    U-238 is transmuted to Pu-239 in nuclear reactors.

Phil Bleanor's keen powers of deduction are the result of being in close proximity to this process.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    So we've gone from Hillary didn't do anything wrong to Trump should have fixed it.

Baby steps

So we've gone from Hillary didn't do anything wrong to Trump should have fixed it.

Baby steps

Helps Crystalballs IMO
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

I get that there is fishiness to the Uranium One deal but I don't see what the big payoff is for Russia even if they did bribe their way into exporting US Uranium. US doesn't produce very much Uranium, about 2% of the global trade. The Uranium One mine represents less than 20% of total us production. So what can Russia do with a relatively small mine to fuck over the US which already imports most of its Uranium anyways?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I just haven't followed the story. If Hillary did bad nefarious things, lock her up! I vaguely remember the whole deal going through like 20 layers of stuff of which Hillary was one.

Has Uranium One uranium actually left the country? Where did it go?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    RedRocket said:

I get that there is fishiness to the Uranium One deal but I don't see what the big payoff is for Russia even if they did bribe their way into exporting US Uranium. US doesn't produce very much Uranium, about 2% of the global trade. The Uranium One mine represents less than 20% of total us production. So what can Russia do with a relatively small mine to fuck over the US which already imports most of its Uranium anyways?
    Good question.

You won't last long around here peddling that bullshit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    RedRocket said:

Russia saw something. And were willing to pay. Even if there is no payoff a crime is a crime.

We've gone from nothing wrong happened to we don't understand why something wrong happened

So we're moving
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Impeach Hillary.