Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

K. C. Chief Prediction

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
They will stumble over the last half of the season, finish 12 and 4, lose in the wild card, and return to their loser state. Same as it ever was since Hank Stram.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,791
    They hired the perfect coach to do it. I think they make the Divisional round, though.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Andy Reid is the king of losing in the conference championship
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,252 Founders Club

The NFL's answer to George Karl
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The NFL's answer to George Karl
    Marty Schottenheimer is rolling over in his grave.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    They still have to play the Broncos twice. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse 9-0 team.

They still have to play the Broncos twice. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse 9-0 team.

The 7-1 Seahawks are clearly worse than KC though.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Everyone said the Chiefs were going to lose today in Buffalo and were under dogs I believe. When you have a guy like Charles and you fucking use him correctly then you have a shot. I never liked Bowe but if he lived up to his hype they would have help. Mcluster is a cluster dropping passes. The defense makes plays.

KC Denver at KC should be interesting. If they can knock around that standing tree Peyton who knows.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    And seattle won't be in the Super Bowl. The season is over.

I don't think so. Seahawks have a better QB and a better coach. On a neutral field, they beat KC, especially with a healthy team. It's the ebb and flow of the season. Seahawks are a really good team.

I don't think so. Seahawks have a better QB and a better coach. On a neutral field, they beat KC, especially with a healthy team. It's the ebb and flow of the season. Seahawks are a really good team.

Fully healthy, you're right.

That's not really a bold prediction. They aren't the only good team in the NFC, so chances are they won't be in the Super Bowl. They have as good of a chance as anyone though. Who is better in the NFC?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

disagree

That's not really a bold prediction. They aren't the only good team in the NFC, so chances are they won't be in the Super Bowl. They have as good of a chance as anyone though. Who is better in the NFC?

It's basically a four team race between SF, GB, NO and Seattle, and the Seahawks have a one game advantage plus a charmin soft schedule besides the SF and NO games.

GB is the biggest threat I see as they just found a running game and they don't play any of the other three contenders down the stretch.

Whoever gets HFA will go to the SB, with the possible exception of Frisco. I like to call them Frisco.

edited November 2013
    dnc said:

It's basically a four team race between SF, GB, NO and Seattle, and the Seahawks have a one game advantage plus a charmin soft schedule besides the SF and NO games.

GB is the biggest threat I see as they just found a running game and they don't play any of the other three contenders down the stretch.

Whoever gets HFA will go to the SB, with the possible exception of Frisco. I like to call them Frisco.

That's basically what I was getting at. Seahawks probably have a 30% chance of making it to the Super Bowl, which is as good of a chance as any other team in the NFC. On paper, getting HFA is huge, but recent years have shown it is far from a gimme, even with HFA. The season is far from over.

• I actually think the Saints are a pretender. They don't run the ball that well and I still don't trust their defense. SF has proven they can't win in Seattle.

Really if Seattle has HFA I'd only fear the Packers.

As for KC? Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Despite having a great homefield advantage they have gone one and done in the playoffs at home in 1995, 1997 and 2003. Haven't won a playoff game since Joe Montana back in 1993.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club

dnc said:

That's basically what I was getting at. Seahawks probably have a 30% chance of making it to the Super Bowl, which is as good of a chance as any other team in the NFC. On paper, getting HFA is huge, but recent years have shown it is far from a gimme, even with HFA. The season is far from over.

* Full homer Seahook mode *

I'd actually give them a 60-65% chance (probably only 35-40 if they're a wild card though). It's so hard to beat them in QwestClinkSeahook Stadium.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

disagree

Hooks goona hook.
  • Seahawks won't play in the Super Bowl if they have to go on the road. However I don't see them losing a home playoff game.

dnc said:

disagree

Hooks goona hook.
    Yes, expecting the #1 team in the conference to win the conference is total homer mode. Good call.