Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    welcome to three weeks ago
  • gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,735 Swaye's Wigwam
    thanks for posting though, i hadn't seen this yet.
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    Rachel Bachman? Seriously? I thought we were better than that here.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    GFY

I know it was a month ago. But with so many doogs saying "everything is different now", "we're not Oregon", etc., etc. this explains our new fans and our admin.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    The WSJ article or commentary is as intended by the writer-commentator insulting to the University of Washington, it's alumni, Husky Football fans and boosters everywhere. As for the City of Seattle and it's football fanatics, the Seahawks are enough said.

As a UW graduate engineer, I along with all other UW engineering and science graduates evolved from what we call Lower Campus and nothing that happens in Husky Stadium or anywhere else east of Montlake Blvd can or ever will supplement the value of my degree. Part of the WSJ article's insult is total ignorance of what we mean by Upper Campus and Lower Campus.

I hear nothing in comments elicited from deep pocket boosters such as Kenyon and Crockett that can't be accounted for from long-lost Husky Pride and who really cares what these old-timers say now that the damage was done so long ago? Their money and continued support is important for academics and such stuff as stadium renovation costs, scholarship funds, etc. but it's Huskyfan support or non-support that will determine quality on the field. If croaking in their luxury suites looking out at large swatches of empty seats is their idea of the promise land, then they are just another coach-hiring mistake away from their dream.

The quote from a 1993 UW grad tailgating under a canopy at the rain soaked Arizona game falsely charging Seattle as being "passive-aggressive" is typical doog talk blaming our football program's mediocrity on the incomparable Puget Sound environment and the great city that nestles there. C'mon man....... get real!
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Rachel Bachman? Seriously? I thought we were better than that here.

I heard her uncle was in BTO. True story?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,651
    mobey said:

GFY

I know it was a month ago. But with so many doogs saying "everything is different now", "we're not Oregon", etc., etc. this explains our new fans and our admin.

It's been poasted and discussed here a few times already. It certainly does explain a lot.