Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

An actual WOOF

124»

Comments

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

pat_hm said:

TTJ said:
    6’1 220. 17 years old. War daddy film. What about him makes you think he has a low ceiling? He won’t even see the field for 3 years. I like him. Gives us more of a presence in Utah and will help w/ the poly’s.
    Can he help you beat Alabama, doog?
    Actually, this is the type of player UW needs to compete with more physical teams like Bama.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This is all a smoke screen. It was actually Togiai
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2017
    The people most excited by this verbal - Gregory and Kalepo.

That being said, I watched his tape and he can run. Pretty good closing speed and physicality.

But so much of playing ILB are instincts and the ability to forecast a play - where a RB is going. BBK isn’t the most physically imposing LB, but he can sniff out plays and be where he needs to be.

In contrast, Camilo Eifler may be the most physically impressive athlete on the team, but is he a good LB? Maybe, but I haven’t seen it yet. I don’t think the coaches have seen it yet either otherwise he’d be getting more playing time like some of the other young LBs.

Hard to tell if Tafisi will be a good football player at the next level. Depends on what he has between the ears. But he clearly has some of the physical tools.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I like his highlights for all the reasons people have already said ... but honestly, my first initial reaction is "targeting ... "

he launches himself into tacklers which is what I love ... but in today's football meta that draws unwanted attention. I'm sure the coaches will coach that out/up though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He is much better than Ben Wilson, happy that white jag did not flip his commitment to UW
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

pat_hm said:

TTJ said:
    6’1 220. 17 years old. War daddy film. What about him makes you think he has a low ceiling? He won’t even see the field for 3 years. I like him. Gives us more of a presence in Utah and will help w/ the poly’s.
    Can he help you beat Alabama, doog?
    Yup. He plays violent. Plays angry. You need guys these guys. Doog? You're the one who looks like an idiot. No one agrees with you.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I’ll go out on a limb and say Togiai won’t be tweeting the same.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

The people most excited by this verbal - Gregory and Kalepo.

That being said, I watched his tape and he can run. Pretty good closing speed and physicality.

But so much of playing ILB are instincts and the ability to forecast a play - where a RB is going. BBK isn’t the most physically imposing LB, but he can sniff out plays and be where he needs to be.

In contrast, Camilo Eifler may be the most physically impressive athlete on the team, but is he a good LB? Maybe, but I haven’t seen it yet. I don’t think the coaches have seen it yet either otherwise he’d be getting more playing time like some of the other young LBs.

Hard to tell if Tafisi will be a good football player at the next level. Depends on what he has between the ears. But he clearly has some of the physical tools.

Camilo plays on every special team as a RSfrosh... that’s a big deal.
    Totally different. Running down on kickoffs or blocking on returns has nothing to do with playing LB.