Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nebraska

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
You know some fans that want Pelini gone are pissed off they won on a hail mary today. Pelini will probably end up winning 9 or 10 and Nebraska will be stuck with him.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Nebraska doesn't use just win loss records to evaluate coaches ... Ax Frank Solich
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    topdawgnc said:

Nebraska doesn't use just win loss records to evaluate coaches ... Ax Frank Solich

True, but Solich took over after winning championships. Pelini took over for Bill Calahan. Pelini could still be gone because of the stuff he said about the fans. I'm sure some boosters hate him.

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Came here to post this. Nebraska is fucked now. This would be like UW winning next weekend over Colorado on a Hail Mary. A shitty performance that saves a bad coach's job
  • Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    Bo should just take a bong hit like his brother and mellow out.

topdawgnc said:

True, but Solich took over after winning championships. Pelini took over for Bill Calahan. Pelini could still be gone because of the stuff he said about the fans. I'm sure some boosters hate him.

You pretend like Nebraska doesn't care about football.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    Yup, they will probably do just enough to save his job and "earn" a berth in the Credit Card Citrus Bowel or something.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

True, but Solich took over after winning championships. Pelini took over for Bill Calahan. Pelini could still be gone because of the stuff he said about the classy Nebraska fans. I'm sure some boosters hate him.

Necessary addition.
    topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I know they do, but Pelini has won 10 games in 3 of his five years, and 9 in the other two. He will win 9 or 10 again this year. I have friends who are Nebraska fans and they all want Pelini out, but aren't confident it will happen.

topdawgnc said:

topdawgnc said:

I know they do, but Pelini has won 10 games in 3 of his five years, and 9 in the other two. He will win 9 or 10 again this year. I have friends who are Nebraska fans and they all want Pelini out, but aren't confident it will happen.

I have confidence he will be shit canned, and was lucky it wasn't done when they got their ass beat by Minnesota.

Nebraska is use to winning titles and Orange Bowls with 10 win seasons.

Plus Bo's bullshit has grown old and stale.

Nebraska is not Washington.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    That's the frustrating thing - Bo will be canned w/ 9-10 win avg

Doogs happy with prospect of 8
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    As a person Pelini just seems like a complete dick. Nebraska is a place where that matters. I'm betting they boot his ass. They can do at least as good for a coach and a lot better for a person.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Thinking same thing, and if we were thinking it, 80% of the Nebraska fan base was as well. The shitty thing is that Pelini wins more games/year than Sark. Definite parallel though.

Another thing to consider is that Bo is the biggest polestroker in college football. He does not exemplify Nebraska football. The combination of his taped comments and loss to Minnesota will do him in, despite his big wiin today over cuntcake Northwestern.

Sark on the other hand is a sweetie pie. His dumbass isnt going anywhere anytime soon. I dont think Sark will lose the rest of the way. The doogs will all boner up and forgive Sark for ASU, and SS will parlay 9-3 into hero status.

Look at the positives though, if youre a true freshman you can come in right away and start at LT, NT, MLB, CB, FS, WR, DE and the best of all QB.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Thinking same thing, and if we were thinking it, 80% of the Nebraska fan base was as well. The shitty thing is that Pelini wins more games/year than Sark. Definite parallel though.

Another thing to consider is that Bo is the biggest polestroker in college football. He does not exemplify Nebraska football. The combination of his taped comments and loss to Minnesota will do him in, despite his big wiin today over cuntcake Northwestern.

Sark on the other hand is a sweetie pie. His dumbass isnt going anywhere anytime soon. I dont think Sark will lose the rest of the way. The doogs will all boner up and forgive Sark for ASU, and SS will parlay 9-3 into hero status.

Look at the positives though, if youre a true freshman you can come in right away and start at LT, NT, MLB, CB, FS, WR, DE and the best of all QB.

At Oregon you compete for championships, at UW it's about early playing time. Perfect trade-off, don't you think?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Scott Frost to Nebraska as Head Coach
    edited November 2013

Scott Frost to Nebraska as Head Coach

From reading their boards a few times, they want Frost or Bohl.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    What I never understood was why Osbourne retired, too young when it happened. Anyone? Still a top 20 job?
    If Frost wins the Natty at Oregon, it's a done deal

If Frost wins the Natty at Oregon, it's a done deal

He would get hired before that. I doubt the outcome of that game would matter at all.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Hasn't frost only been a coordinator for one year? Yes I am too lazy to look it up.

Hasn't frost only been a coordinator for one year? Yes I am too lazy to look it up.

Yes, but better upside than barking Sark