Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great idea. Get politics out of the intelligence business

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
I knew Trump would find a work around that will restore confidence the intelligence he’s been getting.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

I knew Trump would find a work around that will restore confidence the intelligence he’s been getting.

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/04/trump-white-house-weighing-plans-for-private-spies-to-counter-deep-state-enemies/

Engrish please.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You too dumb to understand, again?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    I'll translate: Trump white house weighing plans for private spies to counter Obama plants.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Let me think about it.

No.
    Sledog said:

I'll translate: Trump white house weighing plans for private spies to counter Obama plants.

It's almost like you didn't read the article. Just the headline.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Let me think about it.

No.

Pretty clear why you want Obama spies to remain, fucking things up but, the President needs accurate actionable intelligence. If Government workers can't function appropriately and/or effectively, they must be replaced by an intelligence organization who will.

Besides, think of all the Pensions and Health care costs we'll be saving!
    doogie said:

Let me think about it.

No.

Pretty clear why you want Obama spies to remain, fucking things up but, the President needs accurate actionable intelligence. If Government workers can't function appropriately and/or effectively, they must be replaced by an intelligence organization who will.

Besides, think of all the Pensions and Health care costs we'll be saving!
    From that article. You support this? Smells of dictatorship to me.

“Pompeo can’t trust the CIA bureaucracy, so we need to create this thing that reports just directly to him,” said a former senior U.S. intelligence official with firsthand knowledge of the proposals, in describing White House discussions. “It is a direct-action arm, totally off the books,” this person said, meaning the intelligence collected would not be shared with the rest of the CIA or the larger intelligence community. “The whole point is this is supposed to report to the president and Pompeo directly.”
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited December 2017
    I don't see any downside to politicizing the nation's national security infrastructure.

Know who else had a problem with his spy agency?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,642 Founders Club
    And Godwin is in!
    Unfortunately Trump and Trumpism are adoptinng tactics and rationales straight from the Fascist playbook:

Umberto Eco sez-

"Disagreement Is Treason" – Fascism devalues intellectual discourse and critical reasoning as barriers to action, as well as out of fear that such analysis will expose the contradictions embodied in a syncretistic faith.

"Fear of Difference", which fascism seeks to exploit and exacerbate, often in the form of racism or an appeal against foreigners and immigrants.

"Appeal to a Frustrated Middle Class", fearing economic pressure from the demands and aspirations of lower social groups.

"Obsession with a Plot" and the hyping-up of an enemy threat. This often combines an appeal to xenophobia with a fear of disloyalty and sabotage from marginalized groups living within the society (such as the German elite's 'fear' of the 1930s Jewish populace's businesses and well-doings; see also anti-Semitism). See also Pat Robertson's book The New World Order as a prominent example of a plot obsession.

Fascist societies rhetorically cast their enemies as "at the same time too strong and too weak." On the one hand, fascists play up the power of certain disfavored elites to encourage in their followers a sense of grievance and humiliation. On the other hand, fascist leaders point to the decadence of those elites as proof of their ultimate feebleness in the face of an overwhelming popular will.
    Sure they are. Sure they are
    Reagan is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Trump is a Nazi

Echo?
    edited December 2017

Reagan is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Trump is a Nazi

Echo?

pawz said:

AZDuck said:

Unfortunately Trump and Trumpism are adoptinng tactics and rationales straight from the Fascist playbook:

Ironically enough, I'm reading The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how the left does business than anything Trump is doing.

I know that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's true.
    You're right, it doesn't. But I'd be interested to read your thoughts and analysis
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

pawz said:

AZDuck said:

Ironically enough, I'm reading The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich. (Hitler is on the cusp of heading into Austria) I find far more similarities with how the left does business than anything Trump is doing.

You're right, it doesn't. But I'd be interested to read your thoughts and analysis
    I thought about doing a book report for the Bored, but that takes a lot of fucking time.

We'll see. Maybe.
    pawz said:

AZDuck said:

pawz said:

AZDuck said:

I thought about doing a book report for the Bored, but that takes a lot of fucking time.

We'll see. Maybe.
    thesis and bullet points?
    AZDuck said:

Reagan is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Trump is a Nazi

Echo?

AZDuck said:

Reagan is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Bush is a Nazi

Trump is a Nazi

Echo?

Eco again:

"Everybody is Educated to Become a Hero", which leads to the embrace of a cult of death."The Ur-Fascist hero is impatient to die. In his impatience, he more frequently sends other people to death."