Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lubick taking couch measurements

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

If the talent I had at my position was Aaron Fuller, Andre Bacellia, and Quentin Pounds I would measure my fucking couch too.

Bacellia seems to be coming around lately
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

When Pete was asked yesterday who would be calling plays in the bowl game and he said “we are still trying to figure that all out” instead of “Matt Lubick because he’s our Co-OC” it was pretty obvious something was up.

I’d go after Junior Alexander probably, but that’s just off the top of my head. I doubt we find someone that is as good of a recruiter as Lubick is, he’s one of the best in the Country.

YOU MEAN JUNIOR ADAMS YOU SHIT FACE?!?

Junior Alexander has at least 10 years to go before he'll be coaching anywhere.
    IM SORRY DENNIS
    no you're not
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

All this Lubick dick sucking because of his recruiting acumen and no mention of how the WR is the most disappointing position group this season. He took a DDY 3 Ty Jones and did shit with him. Everyone besides Pettis sucks.

But Still.

I mean... Our WR's were going to suck this year because of what happened in recruiting the first three years Pete was here. This is why it matters all the time who we are bringing in. It was an absolute embarrassment what Pease did on the recruiting trail, he should never be allowed to coach again for his negligence.
    Yes and no. If you're a DDY3 at WR you can step in as a true frosh and fuck shit up. You guys hyped him like he's a Reggie Williams 5 star. Were you wrong in your assessment or does Lubick suck at development?
    asking the hard hitting questions
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

All this Lubick dick sucking because of his recruiting acumen and no mention of how the WR is the most disappointing position group this season. He took a DDY 3 Ty Jones and did shit with him. Everyone besides Pettis sucks.

But Still.

I mean... Our WR's were going to suck this year because of what happened in recruiting the first three years Pete was here. This is why it matters all the time who we are bringing in. It was an absolute embarrassment what Pease did on the recruiting trail, he should never be allowed to coach again for his negligence.
    Yes and no. If you're a DDY3 at WR you can step in as a true frosh and fuck shit up. You guys hyped him like he's a Reggie Williams 5 star. Were you wrong in your assessment or does Lubick suck at development?
    We probably got a little out of hand perhaps, IDK. There is just no talent at WR outside of Pettis that is RS-Frosh or higher, (RIP Chico).
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    The late Ohio State push for Ty Jones took all of our dooging for him to a different level.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Ty will be fine. Freshman saviors aren’t really a thing in Petersen’s system.

Hunter Bryant was well on his way to being one before he got injured.
    Hunter Bryant also has the physical stature of a Gears of War character. Ty is crazy skinny and is use to going up against slow midget DBs in Utah where it didn’t really matter how skinny you were.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I'm also not worried about losing Ozzy as he's on record that as long as Pete is here he's good. Spiker I don't know, haven't watched film on him, but I like his name.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I think the recruits to worry about losing would be Trey Lowe and Yankoff but with early signing period that could eliminate that as Poopsi stated.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Doogles said:

But Still.

Doogles nailed it ... WR is a position that if you are an elite recruit you can make an impact as a freshman.

Lubick’s resume suggests he will move around often ... wouldn’t be a massive shock ... bigger issue to me is that these 15 practices are huge for Ty Jones ... could see him being a significant factor against Pedo
    Btw Hamdan also recruited Spiker. The guy I could see being in the air concerning Lubick is Yankoff, as it's clear that Lubick got him to turn his attention here. Hamdan is probably good enough to keep him though, another reason he was a great hire.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

When Pete was asked yesterday who would be calling plays in the bowl game and he said “we are still trying to figure that all out” instead of “Matt Lubick because he’s our Co-OC” it was pretty obvious something was up.

I’d go after Junior Alexander probably, but that’s just off the top of my head. I doubt we find someone that is as good of a recruiter as Lubick is, he’s one of the best in the Country.

My big picture take: I think there are many coaches Pete can find who will evolve/conform/thru osmosis become the level of coach he's looking for. When you come here to work on this staff, you are going to figure out really quick what it takes to succeed otherwise you will stick out like the sore thumb and be door ass out in a couple of years.

One way or the other you become a x's and o's guy.

Recruiting is another animal. As DDY/Coker have said sales is something you either have or not. The sales pitches recruits are getting all sound the same. It's how you sell it that makes the difference.

These are the coaches we need, and losing Lubbick sucks.

The tl dr version:

Under Coach Pete we have the x's and o's

If we can get the Jimmie's and Joe's than Stanford and/or ASU doesn't happen, we aren't hoping jag's step up at wr, having bbk at lb who Stanford bullzeyed all game, and can't afford one injury on the OL b/c there's no depth behind him (Adams and playing boomer)

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Per football scoop, Frost's OC is interviewing for the UCF job today. Can probably assume if he gets it, Frost will move on to Lubick. It's no coincidence that the only positions Frost has not filled on his staff are OC and WR coach.

UCF: Toledo head coach Jason Candle is expected to interview today for the head coaching job, per a tweet from Ryan Bass. In addition, offensive coordinator Troy Walters is interviewing this afternoon, per a tweet from Brandon Helwig.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Can’t say I love the idea of losing him, but at least we got Bush. Junior Adams? Who the hell is that?
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

But Still.

Or do guys develop at different rates?
    Or was Ty Jones good enough to play from the jump, but was buried on the depth chart because Jonathan Smith?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    AIRWOLF said:

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

But Still.

Or do guys develop at different rates?
    Or was Ty Jones good enough to play from the jump, but was buried on the depth chart because Jonathan Smith?
    Man, Smith couldn't figure out sustained success until he got home and read these boreds telling him what he should have done.

Then he goes overboard and barely passes the next game.