Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lubick taking couch measurements

He's considered a likely candidate to be Frosts's OC at Nebraska. Makes sense for him to take it sonce he won't be moving up with Bush here.

Sucks to lose a recruiter but we know who the recruiters are out there. Hire one, and preferably one who raises our "percentage" that was discussed on the last pod.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    We can let Chin transfer to them instead.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    edited December 2017
    Swaye said:

As long as he doesn't take Spiker or Osbourne with him.

This worries me. If he expected the OC job here, he could leave pissed off and try to take some of our recruits with him.

Probably not Spiker and Osborne because they were already leans to UW when Bush was here before. Trey Lowe and Yankoff are the ones he could probably try to get him to follow to Nebraska.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    If I remember correctly-

Helf was the lead recruiter on Yankoff. Lubick is a good WR coach, our receivers actually blocked pretty well in space which seems to be a rare talent in CFB. I don't know who he's been recruiting for ya'll, obvsly.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    He’s 45, probably looking to move to a play calling role soon if he ever wants any chance of being a HC in college. Sucks if he leaves but it’s the price of success.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110

I think he is definitely measuring couches, but he won't take recruits with him. Cook it. Early signing period is going to kill that shit.

We shall see what happens - Pete basically wasn't sure he'd be here for the bowl game, so there's that.

My guess is that he's fielding offers and taking them seriously. He will be in demand, both at UCLA and at Nebraska. He's an amazing recruiter - this year he secured Lowe, Culp and Yankoff for us and has pitched in on a lot of others. He's an impressive guy.

Yeah. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would be content with staying a position coach long term. I'm sure he wants to be back in the OC role. With the hiring of Hamdan, it essentially means he's stuck at WRsif he stays at UW.

Let's just hope we don't hire a 56 year old fat, balding white guy to replace him.

Can you off-hand name any guys who we could easily get at WR coach who would be the same level recruiter? Preferably a brotha
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,951 Founders Club

When Pete was asked yesterday who would be calling plays in the bowl game and he said “we are still trying to figure that all out” instead of “Matt Lubick because he’s our Co-OC” it was pretty obvious something was up.

I’d go after Junior Alexander probably, but that’s just off the top of my head. I doubt we find someone that is as good of a recruiter as Lubick is, he’s one of the best in the Country.

YOU MEAN JUNIOR ADAMS YOU SHIT FACE?!?

Junior Alexander has at least 10 years to go before he'll be coaching anywhere.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    Doogles said:

All this Lubick dick sucking because of his recruiting acumen and no mention of how the WR is the most disappointing position group this season. He took a DDY 3 Ty Jones and did shit with him. Everyone besides Pettis sucks.

But Still.

I had thought about that ...

Great recruiting but apparently shit development?

Perhaps.

But now we got Hamdan back so that's a plus in the recruiting department and now we have to get someone in the lubick recruiting prowess ballpark to replace him and it's generally a net gain.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423
    animate said:

Doogles said:

All this Lubick dick sucking because of his recruiting acumen and no mention of how the WR is the most disappointing position group this season. He took a DDY 3 Ty Jones and did shit with him. Everyone besides Pettis sucks.

But Still.

Perhaps.

But now we got Hamdan back so that's a plus in the recruiting department and now we have to get someone in the lubick recruiting prowess ballpark to replace him and it's generally a net gain.
    I don't think Hamdan will be too involved in recruiting outside of QBs. The word when he left was that he didn't like recruiting. Coming back as QB coach/OC would mean less recruiting responsibility than he had as a position coach and might be part of why he accepted.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

When Pete was asked yesterday who would be calling plays in the bowl game and he said “we are still trying to figure that all out” instead of “Matt Lubick because he’s our Co-OC” it was pretty obvious something was up.

I’d go after Junior Alexander probably, but that’s just off the top of my head. I doubt we find someone that is as good of a recruiter as Lubick is, he’s one of the best in the Country.

YOU MEAN JUNIOR ADAMS YOU SHIT FACE?!?

Junior Alexander has at least 10 years to go before he'll be coaching anywhere.
    Jason Alexander would be tops.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    animate said:

Doogles said:

But Still.

Perhaps.

Don't think there is enough evidence to judge Lubick on the development or teaching front. He did a good job recruiting.

As Coker alluded to, he was left a big shit sandwich to try and choke down by Pease.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

Doogles said:

But Still.

I mean... Our WR's were going to suck this year because of what happened in recruiting the first three years Pete was here. This is why it matters all the time who we are bringing in. It was an absolute embarrassment what Pease did on the recruiting trail, he should never be allowed to coach again for his negligence.
    Yes and no. If you're a DDY3 at WR you can step in as a true frosh and fuck shit up. You guys hyped him like he's a Reggie Williams 5 star. Were you wrong in your assessment or does Lubick suck at development?