Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Arguing about tax bills?

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
What are you, on dope?

Congress needs a billion page tax system to hide the shit that people pay them for to stick in there. If you want a solution demand simplification regardless of your party preference.

This is just another swamp abortion. And cutting taxes isn't going to bring down the republic and deficits only matter to the party not doling out the cash.

Lather rinse repeat

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

What are you, on dope?

Congress needs a billion page tax system to hide the shit that people pay them for to stick in there. If you want a solution demand simplification regardless of your party preference.

This is just another swamp abortion. And cutting taxes isn't going to bring down the republic and deficits only matter to the party not doling out the cash.

Lather rinse repeat

Holy shit race, we agree. This "tax reform" does nothing to simplify the code, it just changes some after the fact calculations in a computer. The reality is, the determination of income is the real issue with the tax code and this bill doesn't touch that.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    DRIAN THE SAWMP
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    Mostly agree and the tax code needs to be greatly simplified; and to have "market distortions" removed that are either (a) counterproductive (i.e., negative, unintended consequences) and (b) only favored narrow minded interests. All that being said Jake Browning sucks both parties are in the business of doling out the cash when it comes to federal spending that most drives our? structural deficits. Keep the Governments hands off my Medicare and Social Security. In other words, 'Mericans (inc a majority of GOP voters) want their Euro style, welfare state, but don't want to pay the taxes necessary to support it.

Mostly agree and the tax code needs to be greatly simplified; and to have "market distortions" removed that are either (a) counterproductive (i.e., negative, unintended consequences) and (b) only favored narrow minded interests. All that being said Jake Browning sucks both parties are in the business of doling out the cash when it comes to federal spending that most drives our? structural deficits. Keep the Governments hands off my Medicare and Social Security. In other words, 'Mericans (inc a majority of GOP voters) want their Euro style, welfare state, but don't want to pay the taxes necessary to support it.

The only difference between parties: One is tax and spend, the other is cut tax and spend.

But looking at that chart, clearly we spend too much on education and welfare and not enough on defense.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

What are you, on dope?

Lather rinse repeat

My only regret is that somehow Hondo clung on the edge of the drain once the plug was pulled.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

The only difference between parties: One is tax and spend, the other is cut tax and spend.

But looking at that chart, clearly we spend too much on education and welfare and not enough on defense.
    What the hell do the FEDs do for education? nothing other than making stoopid rules, but we do spend too much on pensions - need to terminate old ex-government employees
    LebamDawg said:

2001400ex said:

What the hell do the FEDs do for education? nothing other than making stoopid rules, but we do spend too much on pensions - need to terminate old ex-government employees
    I'm guessing social security and ex military counts in the pensions category. Outside of that, civilians receiving a pension didn't pay into, and don't receive, social security unless they meet the 40 quarters of non government employment.