Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Honest Questions:

Quick timeout from the banter for some creepy questions. I may be brilliant, but it's mostly pretend and I do miss things here and there. I'm partially mortal; sue me.

1. People keep saying Jumbo to aTM. Why? Why is that a foregone conclusion? Why would he leave FSU for A&M? I don't get it. Those are wildly different programs. FSU has more everything as a college football program. That, to me, is a step down, and a lateral move at the very best (being generous to the Aggies). What am I missing here?

2. Taggart. This one is on you guys. I don't buy @BallSacked 's explanation that disruption for Oregon is good for Washington. Sure, it would be a temporary shit-pile for the Ducks, but someone with a brain here will have to square that with what appears to be the overwhelming view in these parts that he's a shit coach. Forget all the race banter ... my impression is that most here don't think he's worth a shit and are happy the Ducks are saddled with him. So, why is everyone actively hoping/laughing and talking shit about Willie to FSU? Or Willie to anywhere? We've been over this logic a million times, especially with SC and Sark. Remember? We? hoped Sark would not completely fail so he'd be there long enough to lock them in as a perennial 8 game winner, with the occasional / accidental 9 or 10 win season? Why not with Willie? It seems you can't have that one both ways. He either doesn't have 'great' coach DNA and you should want him there forever, or he does and you want him to leave for another program (or for any reason).

3. FSU. Taggart? Really? Is this not one of the consistently highest performing programs of the last 40 years or so? Piles of great players in the NFL, awards, championships, bowl wins, winning streaks, maybe the greatest feat of them all with that 14 or 15 year top 5 thing they did ... a stadium that puts most others to shame, $$, easy peasy recruiting, national name recognition ... one of the elites. I'm still out on Taggart, meaning I don't know enough about him to say definitively ... I'll give him somewhat of a pass on some losses this year given what he inherited with the QB situation ... the freshman was simply not at all ready for prime time. It happens. But what the fuck has this guy done to get himself in the FSU conversation? Les Miles? Sure, he's been to the top. Mullen? That would have made sense. He made hillbilly state a winner. Chip? Sure. People like that make sense. Taggart? FSU? Why? Because he's from there? That's fs. I don't get it.

Comments

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    it’s almost as if you believe this place has some sort of consistent message ney manifesto they believe in.

They don’t. It’s the same as every other board.

And they are never right about anything despite the self fellating fantasy they’ve all built for themselves.

I like it here.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,022
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2017

Quick timeout from the banter for some creepy questions. I may be brilliant, but it's mostly pretend and I do miss things here and there. I'm partially mortal; sue me.

1. People keep saying Jumbo to aTM. Why? Why is that a foregone conclusion? Why would he leave FSU for A&M?

im being rude answering a question with a question but...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,524
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This post bordered on TL;DR, but I will take the bait.

1. Jimbo worked with ATM's AD while the OC at LSU. And they are offering a shit ton of money.
    2. I actually would prefer to see Willie at UO for a few years to see what happens. I don't think he'll pan out, long term. If he does, I think he's off to a better job anyways because Eugene is a shit place to live.
    3. Yeah, I don't get the Taggart to any Florida school shit right now other than he's from there and has managed to get a few FL recruits to commit to him all the way in Oregon. His career is still in LIPO mode at Oregon as far as I'm concerned.

For me, bottom line is I'm more concerned with what UW is doing than what is going on at Oregon. We take care of bidness with Petersen and all the other shit is just background noise.
  • Options

Jimbo is using the old no football only facility thing at FSU. And A&M wants him. Dude on TV at the gym says FSU is tired of begging him to stay ala the LSU job

We give Taggs shit because he's a duck. Duh. If he's good or bad doesn't really matter. Clearly to early to tell. He just matched Petermen's first year

I don't think FSU would hire Taggs and I don't think he's going anywhere but as long as we can trigger Seaver we will

Haha
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jimbo is using the old no football only facility thing at FSU. And A&M wants him. Dude on TV at the gym says FSU is tired of begging him to stay ala the LSU job

We give Taggs shit because he's a duck. Duh. If he's good or bad doesn't really matter. Clearly to early to tell. He just matched Petermen's first year

I don't think FSU would hire Taggs and I don't think he's going anywhere but as long as we can trigger Seaver we will

Haha
    Rent free.
  • Options
    MisterEm said:

Haha
    Rent free.
    Haha
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The Spirit of Aggieland. From the outside looking in you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
  • Options

The Spirit of Aggieland. From the outside looking in you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it.

Like I was saying....
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

but as long as we can trigger Seaver we will

The answer to all of creepy's questions. Thank you Mr. Bannon.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

1. People keep saying Jumbo to aTM. Why? Why is that a foregone conclusion? Why would he leave FSU for A&M?

im being rude answering a question with a question but...
    You're assuming you answered my question. I'm not even smart enough to assign A and B to FSU and A&M.

I don't think coaches make choices like this for stadium capacity. Otherwise, Saban leaves Bamers for Michigan at the first chance.

It's about ability to be successful and salary. Period. A&M has a huge endowment for reasons relating to history. Michigan's is 3 or 4x Washington's. Stadium is bigger too. Is there a huge discrepancy between those coaching opportunities? Hell, an argument can be made that Washington is a better gig.

So, I come back to my question. FSU can recruit the mother loving shit out of the country and is in the middle of a talent base that has no superior, and some would say no real equal especially if you looked at it regionally. They are a more significant program historically. They have great facilities and while A&M has more absolute $$, there is little doubt in my mind that FSU is going to be out-spent in football over the long term. If you've never been, Doak Campbell is a palace of a stadium, and they have great facilities.

Nah, this ain't it.

FSU is a better fucking job all around.
  • Options

but as long as we can trigger Seaver we will

The answer to all of creepy's questions. Thank you Mr. Bannon.
    Like I was saying...

The 10 win world champions just need a little chum and you can get 2.4 thread views and 100+ responses claiming they don’t care and that they really won.

Rinse, lather, shoot yourself.
  • Options

Thanks. [creepy eye roll reserved for all things related that buffoonery known as Texas]
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I forgot: back to the banter. Race answered my questions with solid poonts.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just a double post thought. Maybe Jimbo sees the wheels falling off at FSU with Dabo's Clemson emerging as the clear #2 powerhouse behind Bammer and Miami coming back to life.

Not a bad retirement to jump while your stock is still high and be guaranteed at least 3 years of 8 mill checks before being shit canned by aggie. In 3 years he could be run out of Tallahassee if he stays.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Just a double post thought. Maybe Jimbo sees the wheels falling off at FSU with Dabo's Clemson emerging as the clear #2 powerhouse behind Bammer and Miami coming back to life.

Not a bad retirement to jump while your stock is still high and be guaranteed at least 3 years of 8 mill checks before being shit canned by aggie. In 3 years he could be run out of Tallahassee if he stays.

That's the likely answer right there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you do the kind of research that guys like @MikeSeaver do it seems like the shelf life of an uber successful coach is about a dozen years. Not a Don James 18 years of pretty good success but John McKay Pete Carroll type of success

Jimbo has had a great run and he followed a legend but he got blasted this year by the fans.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

If you do the kind of research that guys like @MikeSeaver do it seems like the shelf life of an uber successful coach is about a dozen years. Not a Don James 18 years of pretty good success but John McKay Pete Carroll type of success

Jimbo has had a great run and he followed a legend but he got blasted this year by the fans.

Yes he did. Which is another data point. The national championship corpse isn't even cold yet and after one shit season they're going ape shit. 6-6 isn't quite the shock to the system in College Station as it is in Tallyhassy. Leaving FSU and going to A&M is like leaving SC and going to Cal, except without all the smart people and serious academis.