Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smith to Oregon State

2»

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Pete leaving and Smith being promoted to head coach with playcalling duties would be great.

Taggart leaving for Florida State, collapsing your recruiting class and all program momentum, and handing us Treshaun on a silver platter would be great. Please and thank you.
    Coaching changes don't always collapse recruiting classes. UW fans just see it that way, but it didn't actually happen here when TW or Sark left. Neither of those assholes bothered recruiting their last season leaving the new guy to start from scratch (Pete succeeded, Sark did not).

This isn't the case at Oregon. They have the resources to get a good staff quickly, and the new staff would have a good core of commits to work with. They'd lose a few but their class would be fine.
    Look at what is happening in the college landscape right now? If Taggart left what top notch coach is available to come in and replace him? All of the good hires have already been snapped up.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Pete leaving and Smith being promoted to head coach with playcalling duties would be great.

Taggart leaving for Florida State, collapsing your recruiting class and all program momentum, and handing us Treshaun on a silver platter would be great. Please and thank you.
    Coaching changes don't always collapse recruiting classes. UW fans just see it that way, but it didn't actually happen here when TW or Sark left. Neither of those assholes bothered recruiting their last season leaving the new guy to start from scratch (Pete succeeded, Sark did not).

This isn't the case at Oregon. They have the resources to get a good staff quickly, and the new staff would have a good core of commits to work with. They'd lose a few but their class would be fine.
    The win for UW would be long term. The FLA kids would bail on them this year, but long term UW is still competing for that core of commits you're talking about.
    It would hurt due to the Fla kids, but I doubt UW would poach a single kid. The Duck class would drop out of the too 10, maybe top 20, but the devastation people are jerking off over is unlikely.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Look at what is happening in the college landscape right now? If Taggart left what top notch coach is available to come in and replace him? All of the good hires have already been snapped up.
    Would Scott Frost pick them over Nebraska? I doubt it, but I'm sure they'd make a run.

Wilcox with Tosh as his DC would be scary from a keeping the recruiting class together standpoint.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I don't think Wilcox would bounce on Cal after 1 year for Oregon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

Someone is always available when you're made of money like the Oregon AD.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

BallzDeep said:

The win for UW would be long term. The FLA kids would bail on them this year, but long term UW is still competing for that core of commits you're talking about.
    It would hurt due to the Fla kids, but I doubt UW would poach a single kid. The Duck class would drop out of the too 10, maybe top 20, but the devastation people are jerking off over is unlikely.
    Thats why I said it would benefit Washington long term.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It sounds like Erickson will take a side role in this if he comes back... I don't think 71 is too old -- , assuming the liver holds up.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I don't think Wilcox would bounce on Cal after 1 year for Oregon.

Cal is a dead-end job. It'll never be a big winner, scoreboard or $$-wise. On second thought, that may be a reason to stay. Expectations there are reasonable. 8 and 9 win seasons will do just fine for quite a while.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

It sounds like Erickson will take a side role in this if he comes back... I don't think 71 is too old -- , assuming the liver holds up.

Yeah, giant assumption. That's like saying you think Trump will do alright if he keeps his mouth shut.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Yeah, giant assumption. That's like saying you think Trump will do alright if he keeps his mouth shut and someone changes his twitter password.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Yeah, giant assumption. That's like saying you think Trump will do alright if he keeps his mouth shut.
    Well a durable liver