Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

NO! BOO!! WE CAN'T LOSE HIM!!!

NO! BOO!! WE CAN'T LOSE HIM!!!
    WHOOPS!!!! BEST OC IN THE CUNTRY!!1!!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,959

This is such a chincredibly chinsane fucktarded idea.

I'm not fully sure it's insane. I mean, listen I'm not a Babushka guy obviously - so that is what it is; but this isn't really different than Rocky Long or Bill Snyder. At these kind of schools, if you have a climber as a coach you are always going to be in flux. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this didn't turn out to be a good strategy for them.

Get a guy that understands the job, knows the landscape and will do well and care. If I were Oregon State, I would be pretty interested in this type of hire.
    I just don't know if Uncle Denny has anything left in the tank.

He sure knows what it takes to move the ball downfield.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Shit, Erickson is only 70? I thought the dude was creeping into his 90s at this point. But as much as I would love Erickson to drag Smith away, I don't really see why Babushka himself would go for it. Unless he sees the writing on the wall here, you're really looking at a substantial demotion with no actual guarantee of becoming OSU's HC any time soon.
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    What a cool day for Smiff, man
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Pending Corvallis bar revenue boom.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,338 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Pending Corvallis bar revenue boom.

#Thepeacock
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Would be great for us to get rid of Smith, but I suspect OSU prefers Beau Baldwin.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Shit, Erickson is only 70? I thought the dude was creeping into his 90s at this point. But as much as I would love Erickson to drag Smith away, I don't really see why Babushka himself would go for it. Unless he sees the writing on the wall here, you're really looking at a substantial demotion with no actual guarantee of becoming OSU's HC any time soon.

1) I’m sure Smith would be named Coach in Waiting

2) I’m sure Smith knows where he stands with Pete
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If someone would have told me 3 days ago that Denny and Herm might be the conference's 2 newest 'splash' hires, I would have jumped off the top of the space needle.

This is something I could see going over well in the SEAC or American Conference.

Pumpy said the Pac-12 would have the best coaches in America.

If someone would have told me 3 days ago that Denny and Herm might be the conference's 2 newest 'splash' hires, I would have jumped off the top of the space needle.

This is something I could see going over well in the SEAC or American Conference.

Pumpy said the Pac-12 would have the best coaches in America.
    PumpyFS